“Wedding Venue”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The ceremony was conducted in the barn annex to the club house and was decorated to perfection. The reception and meal were first class and helped to make the day an outstanding success. Ample parking, pleasant staff and all in all an excellent, professional event location

ssmith43, Director of Sales at Skylark Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

HI Paul,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Skylark and thank you for the 5 star review.

I must admit the barn is beautiful and glad you got to experience it for yourself.

I hope to welcome you back to Skylark very soon

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed with the meal & service. Lamb shank was identical to vacuum packed one that works out at about £4 in a pack from Makro (but of course this is a damn sight dearer at £15).

It was served with a tiny amount of tasteless instant mash and red cabbage,
and we’d nearly finished by the time the waitress brought over the mint sauce!

I then ordered “treacle tart” for £8 as I was still starving due to the paltry amount given. Eventually, about 40 minutes later (and after prompting) a very dark brown sliver of tart eventually appeared. Hardly the golden colour one expects for “treacle tart”, and most definitely NOT £8 worth! In fact it was so dark it looked like chocolate tart! It tasted so burnt (probably over microwaved) it was totally inedible so I was forced to send it back!

A very disappointing experience for my Mum and I for her Mother’s Day “treat”.

In summary, this overpriced microwaved “ready-meal” felt like a total rip off! (Wish I’d eaten in Whiteley village as there’s plenty of better restaurants there!)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Having enjoyed previous visits to Skylark we booked both the main bar and restaurant for a surprise Anniversary Party for a wide range of ages of friends and family, about 80 of us in total - I can honestly say everyone was impressed with Skylark, it's team and had a brilliant time.

The staff were fantastic right from the initial enquiry through to sorting out coordinated chair covers for the restaurant as well as table decorations to match the theme.

We were impressed with the selection of suggested dishes and opted for three main dishes including homemade lasagne, sweet and sour chicken, chilli as well as all the trimmings sides etc; later in the day we had a generous warm buffet and an ample selection of cakes - again this didn't disappoint.

The restaurant and bar staff were friendly, not to mention pretty talented with their gin making skills - we were amazed at the amount of varieties of the gins and cocktails and just about managed to try a few of them!

I would highly recommend Skylark not only for it's beautiful location and friendly staff but its great selection of tasty food & drinks,

Hi Allen,

I am so please you enjoyed your time with us for such a special occasion. Thank you also for your 5 star rating its very welcoming and important to us.

Thanks also for your kind words regarding the food, staff oh and the bar staff I will certainly feed this back to them all

I look forward to welcoming you back to Skylark very soon

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

A slightly out of the way choice for breakfast and only went as I had visited the golf course before. However the breakfast was worth the visit. Not just the standard full English here..... waffles, fresh fruit, and lots of other combinations, including traditional. Good coffee just right to start the day

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Using a Groupon voucher, my wife and I spent an hour or so indulging in a lovely afternoon tea. Although early, there was no problem seating us and we were soon drinking a chilled glass of Prosecco. We both ordered tea to drink with our food and a jug of iced water was also provided. Both waitresses were attentive and took time to chat with us. The sandwiches, scones and cakes arrived on a 3 tier display and looked amazing. Obviously very fresh, we had chicken, salmon and cheese sandwiches, 2 warm scones with cream and jam each and 3 slices of cake each. Delicious. Everything we ate had been prepared with care and tasted great. Although there was a large group of golfers eating in the restaurant, it never felt obtrusive and there is plenty of room between tables.
My only issue was that maybe we should not of had 2 pots of tea at once. Maybe one pot to share and then a fresh one when that had been drunk.
After showing our voucher code, we left feeling stuffed and satisfied. Well recommended.

ssmith43, Director of Sales at Skylark Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Hi Andy

I am so glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us at Skylark and thank you for giving us a 5 star review.

I will certainly give the feedback to the front of house team regarding the pots of tea.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.