“Terrible”
Review of The Casa Hotel

The Casa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yateley
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Booked a double for overnight stay for my brother's wedding which was held at the Casa with ceremony starting at 3pm.
First problem was that the room was available from 3!
This was grudgingly brought forward to 2 when I explained by phone the purpose of the booking, plus the distance we were travelling to be there and the need to change ready for the wedding. The thinking here is not joined up, rooms were allocated for guests to book, the hotel knew why we were there, yet there was no consideration with regards to check-in time.

We arrived just before 2 and were treated as if an inconvenience by a brusque reception person. After a discussion with uncomprehendible convoluted explanation why £120 was reserved on my credit card NOT the room price of £85, we were allowed to search for our room. Needless to say it was a rush which spoilt the pre-wedding plan of socialising and meeting up with people. We were told of a welcome information pack of some sort which was not received.

The room itself lacked the usual touches such as bottled water, biscuits for tea, and was at the farthest extremity of the building, as were the rooms of other wedding guests – how considerate!

The price of drinks here are ridiculously expensive, but it must be nice for the hotel to enjoy this captive audience!

The next morning we were looking forward to breakfast (having asked a bar person the previous night regarding serving times, 8 till 10am) we arrived just after 9.15am. After some cereal we went to help ourself to cooked breakfast, and found NO bacon, NO sausages, NO hash browns, NO black pudding, just mushrooms, tomato and scrambled eggs! We assumed this was going to be remedied, especially when the hot plates were brought in, but no, no more cooked food! To get a cup of tea I had to call to a waitress, they were huddled around a corner not serving anyone, the tea was lukewarm and no refill was offered. Breakfast finished early?

A very very poor and disappointing visit, inferior in fact to many bed and breakfasts, let alone hotels, I have stayed at.

I complained to the brusque reception person as we left, I have emailed my thoughts since and not received a reply.

Room Tip: Avoid being ripped off
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve P

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed here two nights for a wedding. Everything was nice. The people were nice, the room was nice etc. It was perfectly acceptable for a place to stay. One thing that was not was that there was nowhere to put our toiletries in the bathroom. We had to put them on the floor.

There is a pub next door called the Cricketer which offers okay food and drink.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Cosy hotel tucked away from road behind wooded area. Friendly welcome (as always), cosy rooms (well appointed) and relaxing bar and restaurant.

Restaurant is a M P White franchise and this is reflected this in the style of service and standard of food.

A pleasant place to relax

Room Tip: I assume all rooms are quiet and well appointed
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel we were well looked after, stayed in a premier room quite spacious and the power shower was the best I have ever had.
Breakfast was plentiful and very nice
Staff were lovely and very friendly and helpful

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful hotel and grounds. Only there for a short stay for a family wedding.
Fantastic room, interconnecting with my children.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Only real let down was the breakfast, which caused me scoring only 4 stars. Hash browns (vegetarian) in the same tray as black pudding... whoops!!! Eggs cooked in a different oil, i think olive oil so tasted awful. Sausages where the worst I've ever tasted, ever! And our family loves a sausage. Bacon, was overcooked and difficult to eat.
But other than the terrible breakfast, it was a lovely hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We have stayed many times most recently last week. We have a family emergency and the although they were very busy, they went out of their way to accommodate us. Charlotte and Bobby are truly outstanding as is every other member of staff. We do like the rooms better in the older portion, but that is just a personal choice (I like older buildings), the restaurant is excellent and the grounds are lovely. I would highly recommend this property whether you are travelling on business, for pleasure, or any other reason.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I've been staying at the Case Hotel for a month or so now, with a further three months to go due to work commitments. Everything has been fantastic, from the rooms to the food to the atmosphere, but today that changed.

On the Monday, I had to take the day off sick, and so I contacted my company to cancel that night's stay, but that I would still require the following night (I stay two nights, go home on the Wednesday, then stay on the Thursday again, it's called being paid mileage and getting as much as I can). After another frankly awful sleep at home, followed by a two hour drive to work, and then what can only be described as a awful day, I headed to the hotel to finally get some rest and relaxation. However, on my arrival, it transpired that my company had cancelled both nights instead of the one. Haunted by the visions of a night in a Travelodge, I was saved by Vida on the front desk, who miraculously managed to get me the remaining room, and saved me from a night of torment next to the main thoroughfare of Camberley. This is the kind of service I dream of, and I cannot stress my gratitude enough for rescuing me from such a predicament. I'm sure that with this level of service and quality, my staying here for the next three months will be even more enjoyable, and I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.

Thatchers instead of Magners would be nice though, but then again, nobody's perfect.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yateley
1 km away
Aviator
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
9.7 km away
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England

Been to The Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!