All reviews a marco pierre white restaurant bridal suite wedding venue quiet location buffet style stayed for one night refurbishment
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Having been bought a voucher towards a 'luxurious' afternoon tea my partner and I booked and went along on Monday - what a dreadful, depressing experience. On arrival, the hotel looked closed - no staff to meet us, half the lights were off and not a soul was in the restaurant/bar area.

Considering our 'package' cost £19 each, we were somewhat disappointed and bemused with the lacklustre spread of savory and sweet offerings. The majority of the pasties and cakes were hard/stale, there was no butter for the four miniature scones and the only person in the whole hotel was the reservations lady who we had to find when we wanted a pot re-fill. Hardly the standards expected for such an expensive restaurant.

I have had much nicer, more welcoming afternoon teas in my local garden centre (!) and will definitely not be returning to this venue - ever....

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emma H
Reviewed October 23, 2017

A large number of us stayed in this hotel the night prior and the night after my son's wedding.
We all ate together on the first night, my food was okay but everybody got theirs at different times. There were issues with the food being cold, under or over cooked.
My husband got his main course after most people had eaten theirs! Not at all the standard you would expect from a restaurant with the Marco Pierre White name! Some of the serving staff did not seem to know what the food was they were given out and actually gave the wrong desserts to guests which had to be changed.
The accommodation was adequate, but the allocation of the rooms to the wedding party guests was very poor as most of us were given rooms very near to the function room which was hosting a very loud 21st Birthday party which went on until 1.00am.
After the party ended those guests that were staying in the hotel continued the party in their rooms or were very noisy in the corridors and in the car park! Reception were not very helpful when complaints were made.
Breakfast buffet was fine but some of the plates laid out to put your breakfast on were dirty and had to be given to staff to take away.
Second nights stay was more peaceful

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the function room!!!
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank CA0856
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Nice setting, nice hotel, nice room. The rooms are in a but if a maze if corridors and staurcases but it is probably one of the most clearly marked that i have seen !!

Didnt eat in the resturant, but it looked nice.

Helpful lady on reception.

All good, would recommend

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

I went to the Cash hotel last night with a group of friends for a get together meal. There were 60 of us and I would like to say they did us proud with the buget they were given !!! The food was lovely. Thank you . Helen from The Discoveries Charity Shop in Yateley.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the old part of the hotel. The room was old fashioned and needed a refurbishment however you only sleep in the room. The restaurant atmosphere and food was good and the staff very friendly

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple