“Would definitely come again!”
Review of India Cottage

India Cottage
Ranked #29 of 77 Restaurants in Ringwood
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Went for a meal at India Cottage on Friday night with my partner and parents. Service was polite and friendly and food was great. Only downfall is that the service was slightly slow, however I guess you'd come to expect this on a busy Friday night. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Dave C

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

Came here for a takeaway Friday evening and what a mess. Asked for chicken caylon. Could of been anything dry and tasteless, the rice was a nothing nuss but the worst was the garlic naan. OMG big lumps of garlic purée enough to make you sick. I was so irritated with the whole meal. What has changed I only went there back in Feb and it was one of the best Indian meals I've ever had. I won't go back in a rush just hope this is a one off.

2  Thank Dee L
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a rare night out on Saturday evening.
The waitress took our drinks order fairly promptly, pretty simple, two glasses of wine and a bottle of water. The wine was brought over, but no water. We caught the waitress again, but still no joy.
Good job we ordered some popadoms, because one hour later, we still hadn't had our starters and a third request for water had once again been ignored.
After this we gave up and left.
This restaurant was considerably over booked for the amount of staff, and we saw little movement in the way of food reaching other customers while we were there. I'd be stunned if we were the only dissatisfied customers that evening.
We will not be returning.

1  Thank Kitty2219
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Great food, great ambience. All staff really want the customers to have a great visit and go the proverbial extra mile. Have been ten times or more, it is consistently very good and a tribute to the town.

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

Probably the best restaurant serving Indian cuisine I have been too.

The first impressions were encouraging with a nice courtyard outside and candlelit interior. Service was was attentive but not intrusive.

There was a daily specials menu from which I selected (calamari stuffed with lamb as srarter followed Gaon lamb) and a comprehensive main menu. We did have an issue with one dish arriving cold to table but this was corrected quickly and without fuss.

Price wise it was reasonable (£120 for 4 including drinks).

Overall an excellent experience, we went on a Friday evening and I would advise booking. Good for small groups or a romantic tete-a-tete.