“Awesome Sourdough”
Review of BakeHouse24

BakeHouse24
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Ringwood
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Description: BakeHouse24 is an artisan bakery specialising in traditional methods to produce the finest sourdough breads, pastries and cakes. A graduate of one of London's finest bakeries, our head baker Pete has returned to his hometown of Ringwood alongside his partner Jo to bring their expertise and delicious fare to the people of the area. All our ingredients are sourced from local millers, farmers and growers, and we pride ourselves on producing honest, wholesome, and delicious baked goods of exceptional quality.
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

I try and pick up a Sourdough at least once a week, they make 3 kinds I think! I like them all however I think they should make more of the whole wheat version as they seem to run out of that one pretty fast! The eggs they sell are also very good!

Keep up the good job!

Reviewed August 2, 2017

Tried out this bakery because of the great reviews previously read. I have to say once you found it, was a little disappointed at the range of cakes/ buns on offer, perhaps it was because it was a Tuesday not near the weekend but it was at lunchtime. We were going to eat but looking at the assortment decided to just buy a couple of cinnamon buns to take away instead. When we tried them later that day I personally found them quite doughy almost uncooked texture in the mouth, yes they had a lovely cinnamon flavour but the texture was not very pleasant.
It is refreshing to find a bakery that makes their own products and we always try to sample these places but I didn't particularly enjoy this one. Perhaps the bread is the strong point.
A bit disappointing all in all.

Joanne B, Manager at BakeHouse24, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Hi Tracey,

Sorry you felt disappointed in our bakery and your cinnamon buns. We bake all our products fresh every morning and once they're gone- they're gone! Our mornings can be very busy (as every bakery should be), and if you came in the afternoon you may have indeed found our offerings thin on the ground.

All the best and thanks for taking the time to feedback your experience.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

This is not a restaurant, just a small room (with seating for about 12) within a bakery whose outstanding sourdough bread has already received enough plaudits on TripAdvisor. I had a piece of carrot cake: delicious, and not overly sweet; and I ordered a caffè lungo (literally, "long coffee": I wish peopl wouldn't call this "café americano"!), which was served — properly — in a small cup and so was of a proper strength, not the watery stuff that you often get elsewhere.
Service may be slow, so don't come in the middle of the day if you're in a hurry.
And do look out -- on the Bakehouse24 website -- for special events. The day after I came, there was to be a gala pizza event in the evening. Three cheers for the enterprising baker/chef!

Reviewed June 28, 2017

After reading the great reviews our group of four decided to have a spot of lunch there.lf you want something with sourdough great but not a great deal of choice otherwise.Two of us decided to go with the cheese and mustard on "sourdough " O my God did this have to much mustard in it both of us reaching for the water at the same time it really did make you eyes water.Speaking to the young man when he brought out the other two "sourdough and banana" toasties that ours had made our eyes water and maybe he'd put to much in he replied "it can do that".l wasn't able to finish the toastie and nothing was said when the table was cleared.I mentioned to the lady when I paid my bill about the mustard but not a lot of concern there.Good if you like sourdough

Joanne B, Manager at BakeHouse24, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your feedback, we are sorry your experience was not what you had hoped. Your order should have been rectified, so we are really sorry that this was not done for you. If you venture back, you can have your next one on us.

With regards to sourdough- we are a sourdough bakery, and all the products we make are sourdough. We do not offer an alternative because that is not the bread we make, and everything on our menu is made in house.

If you would like to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to drop us an email at bakehouse24@gmail.com.

All the best, Jo

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

After a previous visit of high quality was happy to return and find high quality sourdough and coffee. An added bonus was their cakes, the lemon baked tart, and the lemon fanciers were excellent . High standards of great bread.