All reviews drift inn the pub pub next door new forest lovely hotel red letter day railway line the main hotel swimming pool paultons park beautiful location motor museum the general manager short drive wedding party powerful shower wedding reception
Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here overnight, didn't realise that they had a pool so missed out on that. The room was perfect. We had a garden room with 4x poster bed. The veiw was perfect. Hotel has own restaurant and separate pub. The food was really good, service was fine. The staff were particularly accommodating & the Eastern European girl (I think restaurant manager) made us cocktails even though they don't normally serve them. We had room service for breakfast, it was okay, a little cold though. To be honest I was a bit hungover so wasn't too hungry so didn't send it back. If I had been better I would have asked for it to be made again. All in all a great place to stay & eat. Would recommend :-)

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PJB52, General Manager at Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and able to enjoy the hotel, food and scenery.
I hope you will visit us in the near future. Kind regards Peter

Reviewed October 7, 2016

A lovely hotel in the New Forest. The room was basic but very clean. If I was staying longer I would book a superior room. The restaurant has a great ambience. Food is well presented and cooked to perfection. The staff are all very friendly and really want you to enjoy your stay.. Karina runs the restaurant perfectly in the evening We really enjoyed our evening. I would eat there even if I wasn't staying at the hotel.

Room tip: If I was staying longer I would have booked a superior room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall certainly tell Karina about your kind words. I do hope you will visit the hotel again. Kind regards Peter

Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

Made a late booking at the Beaulieu (booked the day we stayed) as we were visiting family. Hotel was very nice and reception staff warm and welcoming. Our room was at the top of the building (the attic room!) and was a bit dated but clean. The bed was 2 singles pushed together to make a double as requested but there were some gapping issues! Not ideal but we slept well enough. We had an early breakfast which was peaceful and enjoyed the amazing scenery from the restaurant's ideal situation.
Overall we had a lovely but brief stay and would stay again but perhaps book in advance to stay in a nicer room.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for your kind review and hopefully on your next stay you can have a superior room and stay a little longer with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards Peter

Reviewed October 4, 2016

We had a relaxing weekend the rooms were clean and had everything we needed.
Staff were very polite and helpful, food was very good, and enjoyed the pub next door as well.
We had dinner at hotel one night and pub the next, which was nice to have the option of that.
The only negative was our room 1 was a bit noisy at times as next to stairs

Room tip: Our room had loverly views but bit noisy
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

So pleased you were able to enjoy all of the facilities here at the hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us and your meals at the pub and the hotel. Hope you will visit us again soon. Kind regards Peter

Reviewed October 4, 2016

The room allocated was shabby and dirty. Mould round the windows and dust on the dressing table. There were picture hooks on the bathroom door instead of dressing gown hooks and the carpet was heavily stained. Not what we expected at all! We complained and were upgraded to a four poster room, which was much better and cleaner, but the main trainline ran about 100 yards from our window and being summer, we needed the windows open! The ladies on reception were really lovely, very helpful as well. However, the waiting staff were very different. They were bordering on snooty! Different waiting staff each morning and different set ups for breakfast each morning! The first morning, was full table service. The second morning, urns were set up for tea and coffee and a toaster for the toast. Guests had to get their own tea and coffee and toast. No problem for us, but the majority of the guests were elderly and did not know how to work the toaster, the urns were not clearly marked with what was in them and the poor old gentleman who asked for a teapot, was told (quite rudely) that there were none! As there were plenty of teapots the day before, I can only imagine that they had been struck down with some kind of mysterious teapot virus, or perhaps someone had stolen them all in the night! Also, in the midst of all the guests milling about trying to toast bread and get tea and coffee, the fire alarm went off! Staff shot out to the main control panel, leaving guests wondering what to do! My partner said that we should all evacuate, as we had not been told that it was a drill, so we started to go out, but then the alarm stopped and the staff came back in. No explanation was given and no instructions as to what to do and certainly no apology! The following morning, the teapots mysteriously appeared back on the tables and full service was resumed. We decided to try the swimming pool and went down to the changing room, which was in fact the toilet. We had to remove the dead crane flies from the floor before we could go in there and the whole area was dirty and tatty. The pool itself was very nice and clean but the limp silk plants adorning the area looked awful, dirty and tatty. The steam room was great however.
The grounds around the adjoining Drift Inn were again not looked after. When we arrived, there was a cider bottle laying in the grass, which was still there 3 days later, along with some empty glasses and some more beer bottles.
All in all, this hotel was very shabby and un-cared for, which is a shame as the surroundings are lovely! It would not take much (some deep cleaning and a coat of paint or two), to bring the hotel up to a good standard and to give the waiting staff some training in good customer service skills. Only then would I be persuaded to come back.

Room tip: Only the four poster rooms are clean and modern
Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank 701Panda

Thanks for your review and I am sorry we did not live upto your expectations whilst you were here, I am pleased to say that by all the other comments on this site it can be seen it is not the norm. The breakfast you are referring to was a staffing issue which could not be rectified so an alternative was quickly put in place but this was a one off as you saw the following day. The fire alarm had a fault and has been repaired but with the pressure of breakfast service our hospitality and apologies must have suffered please accept mine. I hope you will visit the hotel or group again in the near future. Best wishes Peter.