Dined here at the end of January. Staff and service were impecable although the menu is fussy and tries too hard.
Colettes is a very small restaurant which comes as something of a surprise. The menu is unusual and I had lobster which really tasted strange and was not at all to my palate (something on it tasted like aniseed). Portions are OK but hardly filling. Cocktails and wine are very expensive. The bill for two came to over £100. It was a pleasant evening if only for the friendly bar service where I had a cocktail but I wouldn't rush back because the menu is trying too hard to be different and the taste combinations just done work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel Hertfordshire, UK - England