All reviews outsidein restaurant contemporary hotel across the road biscuits night's sleep booked this hotel saturday night plenty of parking car park the ground floor member of staff tea and coffee beccles artwork deal wedding receptionist
Reviewed June 6, 2015

A great hotel that is popular with business people. The food is pretty good and restaurant standard. There is a big shopping centre opposite with lots of typical restaurants and shops if you need a break. There is no gym however, but they do provide access to another hotel gym down the road.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2015

Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, the food and the facilities.

You are right that we don't have a gym on site, but offer complimentary membership of Hertfordshire Sports Village less than a five minute walk away, a simply huge place with hundreds of machines, and an enormous pool.

Do come again soon and thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 5, 2015 via mobile

Only stayed one night for business, but found this to be a quality hotel, with contemporary styling.
Its in a great location, just a 10 minutes drive to the business park, but also just a few minutes walk into town, close to shops and plenty of restaurant choices.
The hotel is modern and everything seems quite new. Breakfast was great, but i did find the bed was way to soft...like a big marshmallow. This was the only issue, as i did not sleep that well, which is a shame.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank ACBloo

Thank you for your review of Beales Hotels,

I am glad you found us to be a quality hotel, and enjoyed a good breakfast.

I would be glad if you could email me the room number you were in, and I will ensure the bed is replaced immediately.

Do come again, whether on work or for pleasure !

Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

For the past three years we have chosen beales as a place to stay when we come to a local festival, and I must say they never disappoint! Great service and fab rooms!
Every year we have requested early check in, and all though they can not guarantee it, we have always been lucky enough to be given it! Staff are warm and welcoming, and the hotel is modern and quirky!
We keep saying we must come back to stay when the festival is not on so we can enjoy the resteraunt, and other amneties the hotel has to offer!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2015

Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel,

I am glad we have looked after you so well on each of your festival visits.

Although we can never guarantee an early check in, we will always do our best for any early arrivals, as it is nice to be able to get into the bedroom.

Do come back and try out the delicious two AA Rosette cuisine in Outsidein Restaurant !

Reviewed June 3, 2015

Really nice condition, easy location for offices we were visiting. Nice staff in reception, clean and comfortable rooms with nice beds. The bathrooms were also nice.

The breakfast was great with good eggs.

Worth staying if you are in the area for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel,

I am glad you enjoyed your overnight stay while on a work trip.

We the Beale family have run a hotel on this site for over 50 years, although the present incarnation of Beales Hotel just dates from 2004 when we knocked the old hotel down and built the gleaming new one in its place.

Fortunately, with lots of maintenance and care and attention it has worn well over the last decade, and we are very proud to be able to offer such a good hotel to our guests.

Do come again when you are up this way from Bristol again !

Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel during a business trip for 1 night. I usually stay at Premier Inns but since the price difference on this occasion was minimal I gave it a try and was extremely impressed.
Staff at check in were great, very friendly and helpful.
My room was beautiful spotlessly clean, great amenities and tastefully decorated. So much so that I didn't want to go out for dinner!
For the price paid I cannot fault at all.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2015

Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel,

I am so glad you chose us over Premier Inn, and hope that you would do so again.

In truth, on busy corporate nights, there is not much price difference between a Premier Inn and a fine four star family run hotel such as our own.

The myth of a room for £29 is just that with Premier Inn, and although they run a good operation, and I respect what they do, we have chosen a much higher quality for every aspect of this hotel.

Do come again soon !