All reviews service area motorway services free wifi room was clean burger king ed's diner reception staff are one night stay walk in shower would stay again harry ramsdens tea and coffee kfc waitrose barnet stopover
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We use this hotel when visiting London as it is easy to get to when driving from the North of England & local tube stop is not far away with direct access into the City.

We booked one room for two night and it was more expensive than usual but we thought that was because we were staying during school holidays.

We arrived late & check in was smooth. The receptionist was really lovely & welcoming. Our room was on the ground floor & seemed basic but clean, if not a little tired.

My daughter tried to close the curtains but one had come off the rail at the end and the small plastic piece to re-connect was missing so they hung without completely closing. Also when we moved the single bed away from the wall by the window we found empty bottles of pop and beer. It didn’t look like the floor had been hoovered for some time. Also the lock on the door didn’t work so you couldn’t lock the door fully at night.

The beds were comfortable & plenty of pillows & towels.

We reported everything to reception the following evening as we had left very early the day after arrival & were told their had been issues with housekeeping but all was now OK. Maintenance would look at the curtains & lock but only the following day after our departure.

We were offered free breakfast but couldn’t accept due to our very early starts each morning. As the room had been pre-paid they said they couldn’t do anything else. Disappointed really as the rooms were expensive & really didn’t feel the money spent was worth what we got.

We may look to stop somewhere else on our next journey. Possibly just a bad room but not really good enough.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018

The Ramada south Mimms was ok , just ok , a bit damp a bit tired , a bit smelly , in the middle of a motorway services station , I asked for a change of room as the smell in our room was bad , but according to the receptionist who was also the bar man and the porter there was no other rooms , But the place was certainly not full , I asked again offering to pay extra , But the multi tasker never even bothered to look at his computer screen as He was too engrossed in the England vs somebody else game on the telly , the bed was good though , service rotten

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les W
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I stayed here after meeting friends in Barnet and it suited my purpose perfectly. I didn't get to the hotel until after 11pm and left again by 10am the next day, but got the impression that it was very well maintained.

My room was clean and new looking and breakfast the next morning was varied and reasonably priced.

For £36.50 you really cannot go wrong.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Day 1 I arrived. It looked ok. In the room no aircon. Then it went downhill. The photo is of my towel before I used it having just had a shower. Be kind to our world! It looks like they love our world so much the don't wash the towels period. If you are on the front if the hotel expect noise 24 hrs a day from the service area and motorway. My room No123 was right above the main door so I had to endure people having a smoke and chat at 6am. Day 2. I returned from my day out visiting my daughter in Potters Bar to find a half full mug of this mornings tea. Nothing had been changed. Only the bed was made oh and a clean towel. In both instances I spoke to the front desk. Day 3. Check out day. When asked if I had enjoyed my stay I voiced my disapointment. At this point I was offered a free breakfast, to which I replied "after the towel incident I would not want to eat here". I then said I would be putting a review on here to which I was offered at 20% discount a total of £28. I said I would take the discount but I would still review on trip advisor. Now this is when it got good. The manger said "but if I give you a discount you will be happy and there is no need to review on trip advisor." At this point I refused the % as I am not in the habbit of excepting hush money.

So be warned Ramada plc are not what the seem.

Graham

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2018

I stayed one night and really enjoyed the large, spacious and clean room. The shower was excellent. This hotel offers great value for money. There are lots of places to eat near by. Go for the executive room. I have booked there again

Date of stay: June 2018