“Another enjoyable stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tring
London
“Another enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Another enjoyable stay at Pendley Manor.
The room that was allocated to us was large and well equipped.
We spent some time in the Spa which I can highly recommend.
The meals at the restaurant were presented to a high level and were enjoyed by all.
The staff at the Pendley Manor are well trained and obviously understand what makes great customer service. They are always willing to listen to your concerns and look to find ways to resolve them.

Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
MDA160 Thank you for taking the time to post your review, your feedback is appreciated. I’m, pleased to read that your latest visit was enjoyable and particularly that you enjoyed your experiences in the spa and restaurant. Your recognition of my colleagues is much appreciated by us all.
We too look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Hatfield Herts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Just got back from a delightful 2 day stop at the Manor. From start to finish nothing was too much trouble for what I can only describe as a well oiled and dedicted team of staff, right from the porter to the guys serving my drinks(Cheers )and not to forgetStacy in the Spa who got to work on my knots,so if your the manager of this hotel you should be very proud of your team.

We had the suite and were very pleased with the accomadation, its true that maybe the bathroom could do with a update and the creaking floorboards need to be replaced, it however did not reflect from a very pleasant experiance.

Would we stay here again, I would have to say yes,but it is pricey and would wait for an offer to be available

Oh before I forget the breakfast was very very good

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
nickjs Thank you very much for your review and kind comments. I am of course delighted that you enjoyed every aspect your stay with us. Your remarks concerning my colleagues are particularly appreciated, such positive recognition is encouraging, and serves to motivate us all in our efforts to deliver what we hope will be an enjoyable experience to our guests.
We look forward to seeing you soon – do keep an eye on our website for special offers.
Devon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed in a room with two double beds for family of four, which we initially thought was a good deal. The bits of the hotel we saw were tatty and tired, with outdated decor. Same for our room. Bathroom in poor nick. Room so hot we had to use fan (Feb) .. no difference 2nd night after we asked for a fix. Woken by hammering outside our door at 0800 on first night. Teenage kids couldn't use pool after 1800, and couldn't use snooker room at all .. so combined with antique room entertainment there wasn't much to keep them entertained. Food average. Some staff OK, some as dour as the decor.

Room Tip: We paid 95 for a room with 2 double beds that could take a family of four.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
FabfourDevon – I am really sorry to read your review and disappointed that you were unhappy with every aspect of your stay, albeit at a reduced rate. During the course of your stay you would have visited our recently refurbished public areas, hallway ,restaurant, lounge ,bar etc, and whilst I quite accept that some areas are in need of redecorating, am saddened that you felt those areas are also out-dated as we have gone to considerable lengths to retain the period charm of the original building. Similarly I am sorry that you found our food to be only average and my colleagues at best OK.
I’m afraid that our experiences are such that we do find it necessary to restrict access to under 15’s to the pool after 6pm so as to allow our other guests the opportunity of using the facility in relative peace and quiet.
I would love to welcome you back so that I may have the opportunity of restoring your confidence in our Hotel - your experiences really are not indicative of those we strive to provide – please do contact me personally so that I can arrange this.

Travellers are raving about these Tring hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Spent one night here on special Sunday rate DBB for £129 and enjoyed it immensely.
We initially were unhappy with our room on the ground floor, but this was rectified promptly by reception staff to our delight we were given the most enormous room on the second floor which was beautiful, clean and equipped with everything one might possibly need.
I personally was very glad our room and indeed whole of the hotel still retained old charm and it hasn't been brought to a high tech 21st. century, it is packed with character and charm.
Building itself was enchanting, all the public rooms are stunning and decorated to very high standard, restaurant decor was mind blowing and it had food to match, polite and knowledgeable staff just added perfectly to the whole experience, I now understand why this stunning hotel gets raving reviews, we will be back, no, we can not wait to go back, special thanks to lovely Karolina who made our evening very special, we felt utterly relaxed and spoilt on our break in Pendley Manor, highly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for the executive rooms or any rooms away from public rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
sarah h – thank you for reviewing your stay with us, and for your kind comments regarding both your bedroom and the décor in general. Thank you also for your remarks regarding the quality of food and service in our restaurant.
We too look forward to welcoming you back.
Herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Dinner here is excellent and it is open for non-residents. Super food, excellent service and wonderful surroundings. It's not cheap, but it does represent good value given the quality of food and surroundings.

5_9_2_8
Thanks – so pleased that you both enjoyed your Valentine’s Day dinner with us and delighted that at £27.50 you found it to be not only excellent with great service but also good value – Hope to welcome you both again soon
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just had a very nice 3 nights here. Lovely building in a great rural location - easy to forget we were so close to London. The atmosphere was very relaxing - the swimming pool and sauna were great. We stayed in a clean warm 4-poster room that was on offer for £95 a night including a very nice breakfast (any hotel that provides Marmite for breakfast get's the thumbs up from me). We used the hotel restaurant on one night and had a very good 5 course meal - but there are cheaper options in nearby Tring or Aldebury. If I had to pick any faults it would have to be the decor in the room was a bit nineties and the shower was a bit crummy, but all in all a very nice stay...and the peacocks were great too!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
MSE1970 Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for your kind comments. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your visit. In addition to our restaurant where I’m pleased to read you enjoyed a good meal, we do offer other dining options, our light bite menu, served in thr bar and lounge is popular with those guests who may prefer a lighter meal. As a fellow “Marmite fan” I do agree with you, breakfast is not quite the same without it somehow.
Do come and visit us again soon
Herts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

We normally stay in 5-star hotels twice a year for birthdays/anniversaries. However this year we are (like many others) on a bit of a budget and came across a deal at this hotel for a 4-poster room in main house with set menu dinner and full English breakfast for £129. There is also a facility for spa treatments at this hotel (although not what I would call a proper spa) and these were also reasonably priced.
There is however a vast difference between 4 star and 5 star - not just in price - and we really noticed! Although our room was a lovely size it had not been updated for perhaps 30 years (80s decor). It was all rather tired looking although perfectly adequate. There was no mini bar/complementary water (there is kettle etc) but luckily we brought our own drinks.
I had not brought a dressing gown, having been so spoilt in the past and assuming that these would be in the room. On contacting reception, they did bring these up for us but there were no slippers.
Whilst my husband went for his spa treatment, I had room service lunch in the room which was OK. He came back a little disappointed with his massage but he is pretty hard to please,,,the pressure has to be just right etc. I then went for my relaxing back treatment with Laura which was wonderful, I really enjoyed it. The spa is really just a couple of rooms next to the pool and there is no chill-out area as such and I didn't really fancy a swim given the arctic temperatures.
There is just the one restaurant at this hotel, and it is in a beautiful room with lots of period features. It was pleasantly busy which is good as we don't really like eating in a empty dining room! Included in our deal was the set menu at approx £27 which looked good value, but us being us, decided to order from the main a la carte. Both our starters were fantastic and we were really looking forward to our mains. It was a real shame as they were not in the same league as the starters. My husband opted for the steak which at £32 was the most expensive dish on the menu. He was not impressed with the quality of the meat or the taste generally, I had the vegetarian option which sounded nice on the menu but was just so tasteless after my lovely tasty starter. The desserts were good (lemon souffle).
All in all, one night away with 2 spa treatments cost us just over £300, still a tidy sum but a substantial saving on our usual breaks. However we have decided that we would rather have one expensive break per year rather that 2 cheaper ones! Once you have experienced complete luxury it is hard to enjoy anything less.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any recently updated rooms. If you prefer modern, the executive rooms may be better...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
• Coffeecreme Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. As you rightly say there is a difference in both price and range of facility between 4 and 5 star. I am pleased however that you felt your stay with us was both enjoyable and represented good value for money. Chef and I are concerned that your husband did not enjoy his fillet steak, the meat is locally sourced from indigenous livestock breeds and is hung for a minimum of 28days, therefore should be of first class quality. I don’t believe you mentioned this at the time? which is a pity as it would have allowed Chef the opportunity of both replacing the steak and also assess its quality so that he could discuss it with our butcher. Having said that it is good to read that you found the other courses to be excellent.
Thank you for your balanced feedback, it is valuable to us in assessing our product and in identifying areas that would benefit from further attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tring
22.3 km away
Mercure Letchworth Hall
Mercure Letchworth Hall
#1 of 3 in Letchworth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,204 reviews

Been to Pendley Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!