Pendley Manor Hotel
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,241 results
All reviewspeacocks roamingpeacock loungeshakespeare festivalwhite peacockdining roomslovely groundsset menuwhipsnade zoosteam room and saunabeautiful buildinga bit tiredmurder mysteryspa facilitiesevening meala lovely staybuffet styletwin room
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Just got back from a delightful 2 day stop at the Manor. From start to finish nothing was too much trouble for what I can only describe as a well oiled and dedicted team of staff, right from the porter to the guys serving my drinks(Cheers )and not to forgetStacy in the Spa who got to work on my knots,so if your the manager of this hotel you should be very proud of your team.

We had the suite and were very pleased with the accomadation, its true that maybe the bathroom could do with a update and the creaking floorboards need to be replaced, it however did not reflect from a very pleasant experiance.

Would we stay here again, I would have to say yes,but it is pricey and would wait for an offer to be available

Oh before I forget the breakfast was very very good

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

nickjs Thank you very much for your review and kind comments. I am of course delighted that you enjoyed every aspect your stay with us. Your remarks concerning my colleagues are particularly appreciated, such positive recognition is encouraging, and serves to motivate us all in our efforts to deliver what we hope will be an enjoyable experience to our guests.
We look forward to seeing you soon – do keep an eye on our website for special offers.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed in a room with two double beds for family of four, which we initially thought was a good deal. The bits of the hotel we saw were tatty and tired, with outdated decor. Same for our room. Bathroom in poor nick. Room so hot we had to use fan (Feb) .. no difference 2nd night after we asked for a fix. Woken by hammering outside our door at 0800 on first night. Teenage kids couldn't use pool after 1800, and couldn't use snooker room at all .. so combined with antique room entertainment there wasn't much to keep them entertained. Food average. Some staff OK, some as dour as the decor.

Room Tip: We paid 95 for a room with 2 double beds that could take a family of four.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

FabfourDevon – I am really sorry to read your review and disappointed that you were unhappy with every aspect of your stay, albeit at a reduced rate. During the course of your stay you would have visited our recently refurbished public areas, hallway ,restaurant, lounge ,bar etc, and whilst I quite accept that some areas are in need of redecorating, am saddened that you felt those areas are also out-dated as we have gone to considerable lengths to retain the period charm of the original building. Similarly I am sorry that you found our food to be only average and my colleagues at best OK.
I’m afraid that our experiences are such that we do find it necessary to restrict access to under 15’s to the pool after 6pm so as to allow our other guests the opportunity of using the facility in relative peace and quiet.
I would love to welcome you back so that I may have the opportunity of restoring your confidence in our Hotel - your experiences really are not indicative of those we strive to provide – please do contact me personally so that I can arrange this.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Spent one night here on special Sunday rate DBB for £129 and enjoyed it immensely.
We initially were unhappy with our room on the ground floor, but this was rectified promptly by reception staff to our delight we were given the most enormous room on the second floor which was beautiful, clean and equipped with everything one might possibly need.
I personally was very glad our room and indeed whole of the hotel still retained old charm and it hasn't been brought to a high tech 21st. century, it is packed with character and charm.
Building itself was enchanting, all the public rooms are stunning and decorated to very high standard, restaurant decor was mind blowing and it had food to match, polite and knowledgeable staff just added perfectly to the whole experience, I now understand why this stunning hotel gets raving reviews, we will be back, no, we can not wait to go back, special thanks to lovely Karolina who made our evening very special, we felt utterly relaxed and spoilt on our break in Pendley Manor, highly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for the executive rooms or any rooms away from public rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

sarah h – thank you for reviewing your stay with us, and for your kind comments regarding both your bedroom and the décor in general. Thank you also for your remarks regarding the quality of food and service in our restaurant.
We too look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Dinner here is excellent and it is open for non-residents. Super food, excellent service and wonderful surroundings. It's not cheap, but it does represent good value given the quality of food and surroundings.

5_9_2_8
Thanks – so pleased that you both enjoyed your Valentine’s Day dinner with us and delighted that at £27.50 you found it to be not only excellent with great service but also good value – Hope to welcome you both again soon

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just had a very nice 3 nights here. Lovely building in a great rural location - easy to forget we were so close to London. The atmosphere was very relaxing - the swimming pool and sauna were great. We stayed in a clean warm 4-poster room that was on offer for £95 a night including a very nice breakfast (any hotel that provides Marmite for breakfast get's the thumbs up from me). We used the hotel restaurant on one night and had a very good 5 course meal - but there are cheaper options in nearby Tring or Aldebury. If I had to pick any faults it would have to be the decor in the room was a bit nineties and the shower was a bit crummy, but all in all a very nice stay...and the peacocks were great too!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

MSE1970 Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for your kind comments. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your visit. In addition to our restaurant where I’m pleased to read you enjoyed a good meal, we do offer other dining options, our light bite menu, served in thr bar and lounge is popular with those guests who may prefer a lighter meal. As a fellow “Marmite fan” I do agree with you, breakfast is not quite the same without it somehow.
Do come and visit us again soon