“Gorgeous location and comfortable, clean apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Freshwater Bay from The Downs
The Promenade at Freshwater Bay 5 minutes walk from the apartment Looking down onto Freshwater Bay
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The Promenade at Freshwater Bay 5 minutes walk from the apartment
Looking down onto Freshwater Bay
View from the dining table
View from the double bedroom
Colwell Bay Beach, a few minutes drive from the apartment
Our Balcony with sea views
Twin bedroom
Sitting Room with French doors onto Balcony
The Yar Estuary, Yarmouth a few minutes drive from the apartment.
Colwell Bay just a short drive from the apartment
The Causeway, 5 minutes drive from the apartment or an easy 1/2 hour walk.
Looking down at surfers on Compton Beach from the National Trust car park
Old Gaffers Festival Race off Yarmouth Pier
The Needles from Compton Bay
The walkway at Newtown Nature Reserve, an idyllic  place owned by the National Trust,.
Solent Views near Fort Victoria - walk along the promenade to Yarmouth
Another view of Freshwater Bay
Beachfront cafe at Steep Hill Cove near Ventnor
Looking towards Ventnor from Steephill
View of the Pier at Yarmouth
The cliifs and Tennyson Down
Pilot Cutter at Yarmouth
Our apartment is the one on the top right.
The Botanic Gardens at Ventnor
Winkle Street, Calbourne
Visit Appuldurcombe House owned by English Heritage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
lilybeach
Nashville, Tennessee
“Gorgeous location and comfortable, clean apartment”
Reviewed 12 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

This was a lovely place to stay in Freshwater. What a view! It's smack dab next to Dimbola Lodge - Julia Margaret Cameron's historic house. Since I came to The Isle of Wight to see Dimbola and Farringford, Tennyson's House, it couldn't have been a better location for me. I think it's probably more appropriate for people with a car, but we nevertheless were happy to walk a mile and a half each way to dinner. My only complaints: there was no soap whatsoever in the bathroom. Also, the light over the sink was burned out. Just small things, though. This is a spacious, clean apartment and a fun place to stay.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The view! And it was very clean and airy.
Liked least: That there was no soap. Also, our internet died on the last day.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
18 Sep 2014
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your 2 night stay in our sea view apartment. Just to comment on your complaints. 1) With regard to soap - we do not and will not be providing soap. Bed and Breakfast and Hotels do of course but not many self catering places. We do provide washing up liquid, dishwashing tablets, kitchen paper, toilet rolls, and a tray set up with tea, milk and biscuits. 2) You mention that the light above the sink in the bathroom burned out during your 2 nights. This is unfortunate but I am sure you can appreciate that I cannot second guess when a bulb may go. I had checked the bulbs on the day you arrived and it was working then. If you had rung us or emailed us when this happened we would have come round immediately with a replacement bulb or sent someone round if we were not available. It is disappointing that you left this comment on a review site without giving us the chance at the time to rectify the problem. 3) You say the internet did not work on your second day. I can only apologise for this as I do not know what happened. I can only think it is one of those things that occasionally happen. We lived in the apartment for 3 months over the winter and never had any issues. Again though had you rung or emailed us we would have done our best to try to sort the problem out for you but again if we are not told at the time of any problems then we cannot sort them out. In our confirmation letter we do say that we live close by and are on hand to sort problems out. I am disappointed that you were not entirely happy with the service because when you emailed originally to say you were coming over without a car I went out of my way to be helpful - explaining you had to get the train from Waterloo to Lymington and then get the ferry to Yarmouth. I even gave you links to web pages for both the local bus services and some taxi numbers so I do not know what more I could have done. Our directions for arriving by car are very clear indeed and up until now we have not had anyone who has had difficulty finding the place. You did ask the local bus driver to call us to confirm where to drop you off which I thought was very helpful indeed. Again with the collection of the key - how could that have been improved I wonder since the key is left in a key code box for your convenience at any time you wish from the stated arrival time. 3 out of 5 is very low for the facilities and amenities but fortunately no one else has thought this so far so I am sorry that our apartment did not provide you with the facilities and amenities that you wanted. We do state very clearly in our advertisement what facilities we provide and if you could see that we provided something you wanted I would have thought you would have checked before booking.
SPM102014
Kent, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment with superb views”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

As a party of four adults we stayed in this lovely apartment for one week. It was spacious, exceptionally clean and very well equipped with lovely sea views of Freshwater Bay, all making for a great holiday. The property is maintained to a very high standard with everything you need to hand. We would certainly consider staying here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Facilities and cleanliness in the property and the views.
Liked least: A minor point but the wifi was a bit hit-and-miss
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
22 Aug 2014
I am sorry that you found the WiFi to be hit and miss during your visit. I don't know why since we ourselves lived in the apartment between October and March and I can honestly say that we never had a problem during this time and we had 3 computers in constant use during that time, also no one else since then has mentioned this being a problem! Hopefully it was a one off that happened during your visit for which I can only apologise but of course it was out of our control!
Linda B
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Location”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

This is a lovely apartment in a really quiet location, with wonderful views from the balcony, lounge and one bedroom. It is well equipped with dishwasher and washing machine, with a good local shop and beach just a few minutes walk. A really good base for walking and also visiting the rest of the island. The furniture and fitting werevery good except that in one bedroom there is just a double bed and bedside table with no faclities for hanging clothes, this was ok for us but could be difficult if two couples were sharing.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: No furniture in one bedroom lack of mirrors and waste bins in bedrooms
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
30 Jul 2014
With regard to there currently not being a wardrobe in the bed room with the double bed in - we have only recently bought this apartment and as a result we are still trying to find a wardrobe that will work in that bedroom. However the wardrobe we have put into the twin bedded room is of a large capacity and can easily accommodate the requirements of 4 people.
Pauline C
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Lovely appartment in a perfect spot”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

This is a really lovely apartment, equipped and furnished to a very high standard. The balcony and main bedroom have genuine sea views and the whole flat is very spacious. The key box entry system takes all the pressure off when coming from the ferry as you do not have to worry about being there at a particular time to meet someone.
Freshwater Bay is very unspoilt.
I would suggest (and this is in no way a criticism) that it might not be suitable for very young children still at the sticky fingers age as the cream leather sofa's are lovely but perhaps not ideal for little ones.
That said the flat has everything you could want including buckets and spades to borrow. We would certainly come again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$105
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing