“Superb hospitality”

The Hoo Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Totland Bay
The Hoo Guest House
Ranked #8 of 11 Totland Bay B&B and Inns
UK
“Superb hospitality”
Reviewed 23 November 2007

The guest house is opposite a green in probably the nicest part of the village. Parking would be easy as they are on the corner of an unrestricted side-street. Although it is on the main road (making it easy to find), once inside I heard no traffic-noise.

I was welcomed in despite arriving early and while the owners were having to deal with a family problem far away. The property is spotless and faultlessly maintained - I wish I could attain and keep to such levels of cleanliness at home!

My room was comfortable and contained everything I might need, including a reasonably-priced minibar. The bed was firm and comfortable, the bathroom well-equipped. When I asked about places to eat they discussed the possibilities, phoned to book a table at the chosen spot for me and lent me an umbrella and map. They even charged-up my run-down mobile.

Breakfast was one of the best I have ever had, with excellent cereals, toast and preserves accompanying scrambled egg with smoked salmon. They make porridge even better than I do, and mine is pretty good.

Over the course of six nights on the island this was not the most expensive place I stayed at but was BY FAR the best. In fact It is one of the top ten I have ever stayed in during a B&B career of 30+ years.

• Liked — That everything was done well
  • Disliked — The west end of the island is not its best part - but that is not the Hoo's fault
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Totland Bay
1.2 km away
Criers Croft
Criers Croft
#5 of 9 in Freshwater

Been to The Hoo Guest House? Share your experiences!