“thanks for the great food and lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Forresters Wine Bar - CLOSED

Forresters Wine Bar
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Description: The winds of change have hit Forresters. We are now open as a Wine Bar with several bar snacks available from a simple sandwich to salads and house specials, all at very reasonable prices. I have decided that 3 courses of fine dining isn't always the best evening out. Sometimes a prawn cocktail and a glass of wine in elegant surroundings fits the bill perfectly. So there will always be a good choice of food but no longer fine dining. Still the wonderful ambiance of Forresters Hall, always good service but now at a fraction of fine dining and pub prices. How about a cocktail to start off your evening? Or reserve our mezzanine floor for a small private party. Hire out the whole place for functions or family get togethers. Or just pop in for an alternative place for a drink. I am determined to keep both food and drink prices extremely sensible, eg bowl of chilli and a crusty baguette for £5 and spirit and a mixer for £3. Regular live music, not loud but pleasantly entertaining and enjoyable. Regular pianist on most Fridays. I hope that you will still keep us on your list of places to go and look forward to welcoming you to Forresters Wine Bar.
Lisbon, Portugal
“thanks for the great food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

we were there for my partner's birthday. A birthday cake was made just for us, to accomodate the various allergies in the group. Everyone in the restaurant sang happy birthday, awesome atmosphere!
As for the food, best duck I've had, outside of France!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Isidora10

Somerset
“Warm, welcoming and intimate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stopped for lunch on the day before the owners went on holiday. The food was excellent as was the attention given to us by both Amanda and John. One of my friends has a wheat allergy and they adapted a dish to suit him. The whole experience was extremely pleasant and we were sorry that the restaurant was closed for the remainder of our week's holiday. Can thoroughly recommend.

• Visited September 2011
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“DISSAPOINTED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Sat upstairs & amongst the kitchen fumes. Will sit downstairs next time if we return.
The food was good but we were overcharged. Ordered a two course dinner & a three course. We were charged for two three course dinners. My draught beer was off. I sent it back via a disbelieving waitress. I was also charged for this even though I had one small sip.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ricardo3rd
Essex
“Friendly & delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

This was my second visit here & it was equally good, we were instantly recognised by Amanda & John who greeted us warmly. The seating area is upstairs & on 2 levels, the restaurant is clean, fresh, light & airy with a comfortable, relaxing ambiance. The toilets are on the ground floor & are clean & pleasant which is quite important to me. The menu is varied & suitable for every palate with an early bird menu for those wanting to save a few pennies. The portions are of a good size, well cooked & tasty & you won't go home hungry, I can recommend the salmon & crayfish starter which has a good blend of texture & tastes, the duck was tender & cooked just as I like it & the caramelised onion mash is to die for! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone as it is versatile in menu & price, I shall definitely visit again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Reading
“A very warm welcome with first class food makes us wish we lived nearer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We visited the restaurant twice whilst on holiday and wished we'd found it sooner. Fantastic food and very accommodating to the point of customising a dish just for our Daughter who has special needs. Absolutely brilliant.

1 Thank suenewman1959