“Staff so helpful regarding mobility issues, and a lovely breakfast!”
Review of The Bakehouse

The Bakehouse
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Biddenden
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I took my 95 year old Mum for breakfast this morning - the first time she has been out of her house in a month as she's had a nasty bout of shingles. I chose this venue based on other TripAdvisor reviews and wasn't disappointed - far from it. Telephoned the day before to check that it would be suitable for someone with mobility issues and the young lady who answered the phone offered to reserve a table for us where there would be no steps and gave me advice on parking so that I could get as close to the door as possible. The breakfast was yummy as Sharon H says - we could choose whatever items we liked out of the 'full English' and swap one item for a different one - and the surroundings were delightful. A wood-burner burning brightly at 9am, lovely old beams and hop garlands. My Mum was so pleased we went, even though she still doesn't feel well. Thanks to the staff for taking so much care of her - made sure she had everything she wanted, and they were so friendly without being intrusive. Highly recommended, we will be going there again!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Coastal793584

Reviewed November 3, 2018

My husband and i both had full English, everthing onbthe plate was perfectly cooked,good quality sausage,bacon, mushrooms were georgeous.
What a gem, what a find,Welcoming,cosy and really friendly,dogs welcome if they like cats as i was sitting next to one near the log burner of course.
Will return for lunch for sure.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank hayleypasfield
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Homemade delights served in generous portions and lovingly made. They make great coffees and of a fair size for the price! Real value for money!
They take pride in their work and every person in the full-capacity restaurant exited boasting they were bursting at the seams and mighty impressed - as were we.
New to the village - and really happy to know we have such a decent and wholesome venue to attend for morning coffees and passing the day with genuinely wonderful local folk.
For me, this place sold Biddenden to me and I can’t wait to come back and eat the culinary delights again soon!
Not Sunday’s and Monday’s though! They’re closed then (as I found out today!)

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank HerrelB
Reviewed October 22, 2018

We love this little quaint restaurant. Staff are lovely and welcoming. We took our two grandchildren Wilfred aged 6 months and Harriet aged 9 months they provided a high chair. Staff were great with them.
Food was excellent. We all had the full English. Hubby had some extras as usual.
Every time we return to UK we always head for here.
Highly recommend

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Tried the Bakehouse for a weekday lunch as our planned eatery was closed. Very welcoming, and seated promptly. Good choice of food (although menu is on a board at opposite end from where we sat - would have preferred some info at the table). Choice of delicious teas, main meal served within a few minutes, piping hot. Portions were perfect size, big enough to be very satisfying but not huge. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: September 2018