“Outstanding location and largely excellent...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 49 The Marina

Spacious twin or super king bedroom, tastefully furnished for a relaxing atmosphere
Large french doors open to sunny patio area to the front This spacious room can be made up as a twin or super king bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Large french doors open to sunny patio area to the front
This spacious room can be made up as a twin or super king bedroom.
Carefully restored maintaining all the stunning original features
Tastefully decorated throughout
100% Egyptian Cotton sheets, huge white towels and hypoallergenic duvets and pillows.
Spacious king size bedrooms each with ensuite shower rooms
Relax with a good book...
Spacious King size bedrooms each with ensuite shower rooms
All on one level, with no stairs, ideal for young children or those with limited mobility
Light and airy rooms, cool in summer and warm in winter
Comfortable sitting room
Wifi, Flat screen TV, Freeview, DVD, Stereo, Ipod dock, masses of books, DVD's and games
Well equipped kitchen with views out to the courtyard garden.
Fresh eggs from our own lovely hens- subject to mood swings!
Sunny courtyard garden, BBQ for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Room to lounge in the sun all day.
Pebbled tiled, power showers
Pebble tiled, family bathroom with double ended bath and power shower
Plenty of books. DVD's, toys and games for all ages
Travel cots, high chairs, sterilisers, booster seats and masses more to help with your little ones
Christmas by the beach
The beach outside is quiet and the local fish & chip shop deliver there!
Literally a stones throw from the beach
Fresh fish or fishing trips available from the local boats
Two English Heritage Castles within walking distance
Your rental includes unlimited free entry to Walmer Lawn Tennis and Croquet club
Proud to be awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2014 from Tripadvisor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
FredBasse...
London, England
“Outstanding location and largely excellent accommodation”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in September 2018

Our holiday in Deal was excellent. The area has so much to offer. Our accommodation at 49 The Marina was largely outstanding. The large rooms were a pleasant change from the rather cramped space on previous holiday lets. The kitchen was fantastic – state of the art equipment much better than our own kitchen. Molly and Angus had thought of so much. When I couldn’t get the DVD to work Angus came round and put me right.

I do have some reservation about the en-suite facilities. The wash basins were tiny. When first raising my head after rinsing off the shaving soap my head hit the tiny glass ‘tray’ on which I had placed my shaving and tooth cleaning things. The glass fell
off – fortunately without breaking. After that I had to remember to walk back before raising my head.

The shower was a bigger disappointment. I could never get it to dispense warm water – it was either cold or too hot. The rose from which the water came out was fixed high up with a minimum amount of flexibility of direction. I certainly missed what I have at home where I have a flexible hose enabling me to direct the spray wherever I want it. I can also control the warmth of the jet. As it was I would cower away from jet and turn it off right away. Then there would be a dribble coming out which I could use and was the nearest thing to a proper shower.

Your age range 65+
23 Sep 2018
Thanks so much for our excellent review, though I'm sorry to hear you had a few issues with our ensuites.

We do leave a note asking if you have any problems to let us know straight away so that we can resolve them for you as soon as possible. We've checked the plumbing following your review and there's no problem with adjusting the water temperature in any of the three power showers, so just wished you'd have spoken to us during your weeks stay.

Whilst the shower heads are fixed in both of the en suites, the apartment also has a family bathroom with a bath and shower on a long flexible hose, plus a larger sink with no shelf above, though as you discovered the glass shelves in the en suites are easily removed should you find them in the way!

As you know we are around to help with any queries, like when you had trouble working the DVD player, so would happily have come around again to show you how to use the thermostat if you'd asked. No guest needs to be cowering under a dribble when there are three working power showers to choose from!
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

19 Aug 2018
Thank you guys for such a great review. Returning guests really are our best compliment. We'd love to welcome you and the family back another time. Until then, all the very best to you and yours.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

13 Jul 2018
Thanks so much Nicola! So pleased you had a great stay. We know exactly what its like to travel with young children, and do try to make the apartment as child friendly as possible, hopefully that way the whole family can get some well deserved R&R!
175jen
Deal, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, Stylish, Spacious Seaside Accommodation”
Reviewed May 24, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I booked this lovely apartment for my Mum and Aunty, who were visiting us in Deal.

The check-in arrangements were perfect and Molly had kindly bought some basic provisions (milk, tea, coffee and fresh eggs from their own chickens) as well as leaving us a welcome note, chocolates and a bottle of wine.

The location is great - right opposite the beach and just a minute's drive into town (but also far enough from the centre that we always got a parking spot right outside).

Inside, the rooms were spotlessly-clean and comfortably furnished and because the weather was so good, we made lots of use of the sun-trap outdoor space too!

If you're looking for the perfect stay in Deal, we'd recommend #49 to anyone.

29 May 2018
Thanks so much Jen, really pleased your Mum and Aunty enjoyed their stay.
OnAir7275...
“An excellent place for a family holiday”
Reviewed December 7, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

49 The Marina is a deceptively large ground floor flat with 3 double bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Our party consisted of 6 adults and a 2 year old and there was loads of room for everyone. The kitchen is equiped with everything you could possibly need, a real home from home. There's a large cupboard containing books, dvds, games for young and old, toys and masses of information about the local area. We all enjoyed our short stay at 49 The Marina and I'm sure some of us will return and bring friends and other family members next time. Thank you Molly for all your help.

stockport
Reviewed November 10, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

10 Nov 2017
Thank you so much Shelagh. We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully meeting you next time! Until then all the very best. Molly
Reviewed October 31, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Your age range 65+
3 Nov 2017
Wow, Terry, what a great review! Thank you so much. Hope we get to meet you next time, until then all the very best Molly
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing