“Family of 6 meal.”
Review of Ela Kendro

Ela Kendro
Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Gillingham
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

We had wanted to visit Ela Kendro for a while as we had only heard good reviews, so a birthday and anniversary occasion was the perfect chance.

Anna the waitress was brilliant! She was really attentive and a genuinely lovely lady, she took really good care of us.

The food was delicious. I shared the cold sharing platter for a starter and the men had some of the meat starters - no complaints!

The main meals were huge but accompanied by a lovely fresh Greek salad. My moussaka was a particular highlight, haven't had better anywhere.

The only point that it worth consideration is that our table was a little cramped, but other than that a perfect evening.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times, but 3rd time service was poor, mix up too. Most of us had a lovey meal and won't stop me eating some Cypriot Greek food. You might have to book 2-3 weeks in advance, some dishes need to reconsider i.e. Seafood starter can confuse some and moussaka to be how it was when first opened, (too much mince).

1  Thank Katherine T
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

I came here as the photos looked good and also heard good reviews. It was extremely busy in the venue. It was really hot but I loved the decor etc was nice. Our table wasn't set in the middle in very bright lighting (suggest mood lighting ) in evening. It was very noisy, too loud for a couple to speak, so we moved tables. I did have to ask for menus and it had a good offering on their. It too over hour to receive my mains, if it wasn't for being in a big group and having drank a bottle of Sancerre already I would have moaned. By the time the mains came out I wasn't really hungry but the food looked very good. Great greek potatoes and presentation with the food. The service was friendly but very slow. I gave the feedback to a gent at the end, who was very nice about it.

Summary

Good value meal, very slow service, lighting needs to be lower and more ventilation. I would return again, only because the team were friendly but I wouldn't rush.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

We visited with my brother and partner, and was totally amazed at the quality of the food. We had stuffed vine leaves. haloumi, mushrooms and houmous for starters, the homemade houmous was amazing and really tasty. Main courses were Mousaka, lamb chops, a burger and stafardo and it was superb, husband agreed the lamb chops were the best he had ever tasted. WOULD TRULY RECOMMEND.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

This is a nice restaurant with plenty of seating both upstairs and down. The service was great, the food was a little while coming out but that didn't matter as we new it was freshly cooked. It was tasty, hot and good portion sizes.

It was really busy, in fact full for a Thursday night so I would suggest booking is a good idea.

There are two down sides no on site parking so you have to park in nearby streets which can get very busy and the music was quite loud we had trouble hearing each other talk so not the place to go for a quiet romantic meal.

I would definately go back as the food was great.