“AVOID - Awful Food”
Review of Sunset Fish Bar

Sunset Fish Bar
Ranked #61 of 147 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We had a lovely family day out and decided to have a fish and chip dinner. From the outside this restaurant looks very welcoming. Many items were not available, including children's fish fingers? Once we placed our order, we waited about 45 mins!! before then being told the wing of skate was not available. At the same time the other meals were being served (3 plates of chips sausages and a fish cake) .. So we decided to take this off the menu. I then had to call the waitress over as the fish cake was not fish only thing I can describe it as was Pate deep fried several times. The young kind waitress took my plate and returned with a cheap microwaved fish cake. The chips were also reheated and hard. We then decided to leave, sorry to say this place should be avoided.. Its a shame as the location is idea for day trippers. We then walked further down the street and bought some very very tasty chips from a little friendly restaurant and these were delicious.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I originally went to go here on mother's day, but it was full. So when we walked by today, it was our first choice. Unfortunately very disappointed, we ordered our food and drink and waited a good while before our drinks finally came to the table. We was then given our meals, my plate had 2 hairs on the side. The hair looked like it had been cut, so maybe somebody went for a haircut before they started their shift! So not a great start, we then had to remind them that we had not recieved our order of curry or gravy yet. The curry arrived but no gravy, eventually the gravy turned up. My daughter then found a white/blonde hair in her meal. I ordered a spring roll and was given a curry roll, my husband's fishcake was soggy and the curry was really watery.
To top it off, for saying it has not been open long the stains/dirt around the handles on the teacup plus inside milk jugs was horrid. What a shame as I definitely will not be returning.
I also hate to complain especially in a food establishment because I am so paranoid about my food being tampered with, so just paid politely and left.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Very nice cod and chips served with coleslaw and a side salad. Proper chip shop chips and very creamy and tasty homemade ice cream.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

This was awful - the fish was over cooked and tasted as if it had been hanging around for hours. The chips were like they were from the bottom of the fryer - very crispy and fatty.

The person serving was completely clueless.

There are far, far better places for good quality fish and chips in HB.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Better than Harry Ramsdens! This was the best fish and chips we have ever had, batter on fish just right and not oily like most , the chips where to die for and to top it all the service , food presentation and portion sizes were so good.
Thoroughly recommend this fish restaurant.

1  Thank joybel