All reviews astor wing billiard room henry viii pub local pub tulip room roll top bath tudor village music room molton brown toiletries included in the price free entry private tour breakfast was delicious feature room water maze astor family underfloor heating
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

The loveliest place we have ever stayed, it is absolutely faultless, a lovely suite set on two floors absolutely spotless and fabulous bed and bathroom, the view from the bedroom is of the beautiful castle.

The staff are fabulous from the lovely receptionist who even slipped a birthday card under our door for my partners birthday to the delightful breakfast and lovely staff this morning.

We are looking forward to our tour of the castle and the beautiful grounds included in the price of the room.

We will definitely be visiting again and would recommend this to anyone looking for a unique lovely experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kate R, Manager at Hever Castle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Mark,

The loveliest review we could ever hope for! Thank you for your kind words and I am glad we delivered on everything that we also feel makes a stay at Hever Castle so special.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner and our toddler for one night. The staff are very welcoming and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. We were in the Daffodil room which has been newly refurbished - it was wonderful - a beautiful room, large enough to accommodate our toddler’s travel cot too and the ensuite facilities were fabulous with lovely complimentary toiletries and big fluffy white towels. The breakfast the next morning was also excellent! Our stay included free entry to the castle and grounds which are well worth a visit.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mildred,

I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay,

What an aptly named room to stay in this time of year! And yes, the newly refurbished Daffodil is a real treat with its canopy bed and luxurious fabrics.

See you again sometime.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at midday and from the first moment, the staff were friendly and helpful, telling us that our room, Greensleeves, was all ready for us, earlier than expected. The room was very well appointed with lovely furnishings, antiques, a very large comfortable bed, occasional chairs, and tea/coffee making facilities. The bathroom was great with a walk in shower as well as a roll top bathtub. We overlooked the castle and daffodil filled orchard.
As it was such a lovely day we spent the early part of the afternoon exploring all the grounds and gardens, enjoying the spring flowers and spotting many different birds. We walked around the whole lake, before going into the castle after most of the other visitors had left. The audio guide enhanced our visit, giving us background details. So much history to cover, all fascinating.
We had a good meal in the village pub in the evening, slept well and then had an excellent breakfast by the roaring log fire in the Astor wing. The guest lounge is very well appointed, and all along the corridors we found a marvellous collection of paintings.
After checking out we were still able to enjoy more of the grounds and attractions, and felt so relaxed after our lovely stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

Greensleeves is a lovely room, one of my favourites, more so because of the well placed roll top bath looking out onto the apple orchard!

Given the weather of late we are very lucky to have an abundance of real fires to keep all our guests warm and comfortable during their stay, breakfast by the fireplace is always a winner, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

My son and I stayed in the Edward VII suite. From check in to check out we treated very well and staff was gracious and attentive. The building was built around 1200 and modified by different families up to the 1980's. The room has lots of antiques and a great view of Hever Castle and the grounds. We took walks through the Italian Gardens, the Yew Maze and in areas I don't remember the names. They don't serve dinner but no worries, Henry VIII pub is a very short walk with good food and drink. We had a full English breakfast with other little goodies that was fantastic. The room was huge with an entirely separate bathroom area. Internet is included with a strong connection. The only thing I would differently is allow myself more time on the grounds and to visit the Kent area more thoroughly.

Room tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Marie,

It sounds like you had a great stay with us.

Our Bed and Breakfast is indeed a great base from where to explore other Kent delights, a couple of nights with us is always recommended to those who have the time. You will just have to plan a return visit!

Reviewed March 24, 2018

I've intentionally let a few days pass since my visit to allow my experience to process and be able to put it into words. From the moment I got onto the property until my departure the staff were nothing but accommodating with smiles on their faces. I intentionally arrived early so I could see everything there was to see. They let me store my luggage and gave me the all access pass, but after walking around the inner-hallway (around the lounge and billiards room) they told me my room was ready and offered to place the luggage in my room so I could continue to roam the grounds.

The grounds are extremely kept up and easy to get around in. So much to see and explore in and out of the castle! The castle tour its-self is awesome with fascinating artifacts and decor from the Boleyn era to a nice tribute to the Astor family (family who took ownership and stopped the grounds from turning in rubble waste).
It's lovely being able to (as a guest) to wonder about the grounds after the crowds have left. Some of the preserved grounds will have you feel like you're wondering through the Tudor era.

The room I was in was updated with a modern touch to it, especially the shower area. It was a nice blend of modesty (not outrageously modern like some resorts) and not having outdated amenity functions. The bed was LARGE and super comfy, so comfy that I slept through breakfast.

This place is simply the best! the best historic inn of the area. This will most definitely be my stop every time I visit England.

Room tip: Worth your splurge budget!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Tyler,

... Dare I respond with '.... better than all the rest......!'

I'm so pleased to read that you discovered all the wonderful things at Hever Castle and I have to agree that a wonder in the grounds after hours is one of the best parts of a stay with us.

We shall see you again soon.

Best regards,