“Very welcoming staff”

Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Margate
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2018

When i frequently visit this lovely establishment i am always greeted with a lovely warm welcome. All the staff here are most welcoming even sparing the time to chat. Thier food is of an excellent standard and their chunky bread really is chunky, you do get good value for your money. There are also child and dog friendly. So if u visit margate do give this place a try.

I have recommed this wonderful place to all my friends and family.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

Stop in - they make great milkshakes , great cupcakes and a decent pot of tea , Service very good , prices reasonable

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of visiting the cafe for a spot of lunch,and it was absolutely wonderful! I had the cafe special cheese on toast, which was amazing (especially with the red onion chutney). My friend had a scrambled egg and smoked salmon on gorgeous chunky granary bread (which was priced soooo reasonably). I had an iced coffee with a shot of caramel syrup, which was so refreshing on a sunny day and my friend had a nice strong cup of builders brew tea (the lovely chap behind the till explained the difference between the 2 teas which was very helpful too!). For dessert I had some scrumptious carrot cake and my friend had a Nelson slice, which was delightfully different! All the staff were very welcoming and attentive - I will most definitely be coming back!

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Poor poor poor poor poor.
If you fancy having your day spoilt by a moody young girl then go ahead
Then look no further... the “so called” manager is a very rude and angry thing.
I’ve seen happier and more welcoming people in a morgue.
Walk straight past and go to woody’s round the corner... five stars for them...

1  Thank sales583
Linzee_1987, Owner at The Curious Cupcake Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

We welcome your response and expected it. We closed at 4pm, you came in at 4.10pm.
You walked past a closed sign and flew out your arms when we then said to you that we were closed. We had lovely people in who were finishing their drinks and you made a scene (they actually came to the counter afterwards and asked if they could leave their number as your behaviour was very intimidating). We welcomed their comments after being made to feel so awful and uncomfortable in our own cafe.
We are certainly not going to serve someone that refers to our staff as being a ‘rude b***h’, just because they told you there was a sign on the door saying we were closed. We will never tolerate rudeness or threatening behaviour towards our staff.
Thank you for the review all the same!

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Very moody staff who obviously had no interest in their jobs. The cupcakes had been recommended but ours were almost stale and the icing tasted very plastic like. You can definitely get much better in terms of food and service in the local vicinity.

3  Thank Marianne L