See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed with my husband and in-laws at Parsonage Cottage for a wedding that was held nearby. Lorraine and Martin (Jasper and Delia too) were friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived until we left. They went above and beyond the call of duty, from tea and cake on arrival to Martin collecting us from the wedding at 11pm, we only had to cover the cost of petrol. Cottage itself is stunning and beautifully maintained and the breakfast was fantastic (three of us are vegetarians and we perfectly catered for) I can't recommend Parsonage Cottage enough and just looking for an excuse to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A surprise party in Pluckley led us to stay at The Parsonage Cottage for only a single night.
Charming place with great hosts Lorraine & Martin. Jasper and Delia, the two Golden Retrievers also deserve a mention - lovely and well behaved.

On arrival we were treated to great hospitality in the form of afternoon tea and cake. Breakfast the following morning was equally welcome with plenty to eat, all home cooked.

The place is steeped in history. The only downfall of our stay being we were restricted to a single night.

If you have time there is plenty to sample close by as Pluckley is one of the most haunted villages in England is was also the film set for the Darling Buds of May.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

All i can say is read the previous reviews - its all true!Martin and Lorraine couldn't be more helpful - thoroughly nice and thoughtful hosts and nothing was to much trouble.There was afternoon tea served to us every day and lifts to and from the station and local inn.The house was beautiful and very welcoming.My sister and I would recommend them (and their beautiful house) to anybody.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pauline B
Reviewed July 8, 2012

A very warm welcome awaits from Lorraine and Martin who cannot do enough to make their guests feel at home. We were welcomed with fresh home made cake and tea in the conservatory which overlooks their beautiful gardens and swimming pool. Lorraine was chatty and friendly and even booked us a table at the local pub for our evening meal.

Our room (we had the 4 poster bed) was amazing, again overlooking the quiet gardens. Although the cottage is 400 years old and full of old oak beams and beautiful antique furniture, the en-suite bathroom is definitely 21st century and a good size.

Breakfast was amazing, in fact was so large on the second morning I had to ask Lorraine to cut it by more than half, with good helpings of Eggs, Bacon, Sausages, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Beans and Potato Waffles, home baked Bread (toasted) with marmalade and a huge pot of tea or coffee with freshly squeezed oranges (I don't know where this lady gets her energy but I would like some of it and she never stops smiling!).

I would have given this B&B 5 out of 5, but the reason it does only get 4 out of 5 is for the following reasons, but we would still definitely stay again if we are ever in the area.

The 4 poster bed whilst it is beautiful and extremely comfortable, I am just under 5' and have a disability, which affects my back and legs, and do walk with a crutch so getting in the bed was not easy, as it is higher than most and has an oak beam which runs round the edge, and getting out of bed was just as difficult, if I didn't have a disability I am sure this would not have been a problem. On the other end of the scale my husband is over 6' and the Elizabethan's must have been very tiny because his poor legs were longer than the bed, the en-suite which as I have mentioned above is large and modern, the doorway is no more than 4' high even I had to duck but my poor husband had more trouble than me getting in and out, I wasn't very sympathetic I'm afraid I just laughed, it was quite comical to watch him.

Again because of my disability I found the stairs very steep but as long as I was careful I was fine, but it wouldn't be suitable to someone who is perhaps more disabled than myself, and again my husband had to duck a lot of the time, but that didn't bother him at all.

The whole cottage is tastefully decorated, clean and welcoming and I have no problem in recommending this B&B, This was a working weekend and they do have free WiFi, lots of secluded parking, which was very important to us as we were carrying expensive stock and a fully stocked complimentary tea tray which is always nice when you fancy that cup of tea or coffee before going to sleep and complimentary bottled water too. I just wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I, with other fellow walkers stayed at the Parsonage last month whilst completing the Greensand Way. We were made very welcolm, and cakes and tea when we arrived from a very long days walking was most acceptable and appealing, any pounds lost walking were quickly put back on! The nearby pub provided excellent food and beer and my comfortable bed was very welcolm after a long day, excellent. Lorraine cooked a wonderful walkers breakfast, to keep us going during the day whilst chatting about golf, which she apparently plays. An excellent stay, and recommend to other fellow walkers.

Room Tip: All good and comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends