“Great Take Away- Delicious Curries”
Review of The Raja of Kent

The Raja of Kent
Ranked #18 of 46 Restaurants in Tenterden
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 1, 2016

We have three of four meals a year from the Raja and it never fails to disappoint. It's our nearest 'take away', but still a 20 min drive which can mean we have to do a touch of re heating when we get home, but that's our fault for living in the middle of no-where.
I particularly enjoy the fact that my boyfriends Korma comes with a cherry on top, always makes me laugh.
The peshwari naans are delicious too.
Staff always super friendly and great service when we've eaten in the restaurant too. The manager will come over to say a few words usually too, which is a very nice touch.

1  Thank OlanaTH

Reviewed December 19, 2015

A curry house in the middle of nowhere! Located about a mile outside on Tenterden Town this is worth visiting if in the area. We were there for a Tribute Night (Shola Kaye doing Motown, fantastic show if it's on again!) which they seem to have on a regular basis. Food and atmosphere were brilliant, staff were amazing, packed with 90 people and they didn't have any issues or stress. Lots of parking outside.

1  Thank Toolbag
Reviewed December 5, 2015 via mobile

Always very good. Efficient and friendly staff. Great atmosphere. Great food. Always go back and has never disappointed. Worth a visit.

1  Thank fordc11
Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

The entertainment was spot on. The couple worked hard but the food was terrible. Looked like slop tasted like slop. Staff tried to accommodate but still brought out slop. Go for the entertainment but not the food absolutely awfull

1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

Been going to the raja for years on and off. Always a really good meal. So good I am writing this now I've just brought my curry, service friendly and warm as always. Food amazing. I am saying this currently eating my balti, first class, consistently the best curry house in Kent. Keep it up lads and I will see you for years to come.

1  Thank jameskel92