“Great placec”

The Raja of Kent
Ranked #18 of 46 Restaurants in Tenterden
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 22, 2018

The best Indian restaurant around this area. Every time we go back to UK we always eat here or order a take away. Standard is always high. Staff friendly and service is great
This is one restaurant we miss whilst living abroad.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Flavourful and great curries- best in the area in my opinion. Prices reasonable and good portion sizes for takeaway.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed due to my last visit. Majority of the staff were stressed out and rushing around, was an uncomfortable atmosphere. Tables were extremely close together. The food was average. Disappointing since me and my family used to enjoy a meal here regularly.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Being in the area for only a short time I tried ringing several times on Tuesday morning to book for the "special" lunch offered which I thought sounded really nice. Couldn't get anyone but message told me to call back which I did a couple of times. Decided that it would be ok to just walk in, we departed. We found the restaurant easily but it looked absolutely deserted and appeared to be "closed" - permanently! Obviously now I think that the area we saw from the road is the side of the building but the appearance was very off-putting with weeds galore, dirty windows, rubbish around the back and no staff cars visible. I can only hope that the interior is much cleaner and better presented.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Saturday night booking at 7pm. Tables so tightly packed you were a forks length from the couple next to you. Rushed service initially, Main Dansak amazing, chicken tikka over cooked, tarka Dahl the worst I’ve had, Bombay potato soft and fluffy but sitting in oil. Pashwari nan lacking coconut. The poor waiters were so busy, no atmosphere apart from stressed staff. Waited 30 minutes for the bill, definitely wouldn’t go back. Real shame as it used to be great.

2  Thank Selena S