“Beverly was great!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently visited the pub with my two sons and the next day I thought I’d left my glasses behind. Beverly couldn’t do enough to try and locate my glasses and her customer service was brilliant - thank you!

1  Thank PrincessAbby

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to this hotel bar restaurant with some friends today, we were meet with a warm friendly smile and lots of attention for the waitresses which makes so much different, as we were early and had to wait for our friends were never made to feel in a rush although the restaurant was very busy and they where showing new customers to other parts of the hotel were they could eat.
The complete down side was the Sunday menu which was so boring from the starters to the desserts just very basic pub grub, which didn’t go with the friendly warm venue, in a prominent position in the high street. There was a heavy influent on the Sunday roasts but was so basic and disappointing a pile of vegetables piece of chicken square of stuffing massive Yorkshire no finesse just piled on the plate. I asked for a rare steak I got a medium done with no vegetables it was so bland. The kitchen just lets the staff down and it needs a better standard of food and a more imaginative menu.

1  Thank AlanW948
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

I’m disappointed to be writing this however recently I feel the food has really gone down hill. I would personally choose to visit here on a Sunday for the vegetarian roast dinner extra veg rather than an alternative. I visit with meat eaters (usually go for the beef). Sadly my last 2 visits have left us unsatisfied - the potatoes were under cooked, the gravy was very watery, the food took a while to arrive too. It’s a real shame as they offer brilliant beers. The cleanliness of the pub is also another issue - regularly you will pop to a table with food on the floor crumbs on the table.
My last disappointment is the staff seem to bicker between themselves who’s serving when it’s getting busy it is really off putting when you’re simply looking to pay a bill.
I gave the place another chance on my previous visit however again we arrived the roast was the same undercooked and the beef was so cooked you could hardly cut it.
Will only be visiting for drinks from now on.

1  Thank MillyH18
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Love the White Lion, sadly they have stopped their 2 for 1 on pizzas as that was always a favourite! Great drinks and staff always friendly.

WhiteLion-Manager, Front Office Manager at The White Lion Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hopefully we will see you again soon
Kind regards

Reviewed September 22, 2018

Delicious food, great quality and all freshly prepared and cooked. Really friendly and helpful staff that went out of their way to help us when our taxi didn’t turn up! Highly recommended.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us
It's lovely when we get to read our customers have enjoyed their visit
We look forward to welcoming you again soon
Kind regards