“Lovely Lunch with friends ”

The Swan at Chapel Down
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Tenterden
Price range: US$23 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

We came here for lunch with our friends who live in the area. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was relaxed & I must say the service was faultless. The only thing I would change is the service charge, as the set menu is already relatively expensive & then to add the service charge without giving you the option is a little presumptuous. We would have left a tip but I know not everybody does. However, I still feel this should be optional.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

After doing the tour and tasting my wife and myself had a set 3 course gift experience with fizz and wine.
The food was stunning and the pea volute with ham hock croutons was awesome!.
Very good service and exceptional food here and we enjoyed every plate.
The other great thing was that because a Thursday the wine was at a discounted price(same as shop price) . I have added a list in the photos.
All i can say is that this rounded off a brilliant visit and we would love to return.
Thanks very much to all

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Unusual review as we didn't actually get to eat in the restaurant. I booked a winery tour with lunch in the restaurant as a birthday present. I rang up the winery beforehand to check accessibility for an adult in a wheelchair and a toddler in a pushchair. I was told the tour should be fine, depending on ground conditions (it was). Unfortunately, no one mentioned that the restaurant was at the top of a wooden staircase!

We fully understand that some buildings simply can not be fully accessible. But we did ask and it was on the online booking. Is the wine so good that the owners expect miraculous healing to occur after a tasting tour? Sadly not on this occasion (though the wine IS very good).

The staff were all very polite and suitably embarrassed, and did offer us a bottle of wine in way of an apology. But it was all a bit awkward and unnecessary.

Fab tour. Amazing wine. Lovely staff. Wooden staircase.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

This was our first visit. Booking on line was easy and the service we received on arrival until we left was very good, how it should be ! The menu choice was good, and although this is fine dining the portion sizes could be slightly larger, i.e. value for money. The surrounding décor and atmosphere was lovely. Will definitely go back to try the taster menu.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit and we were all impressed with the quality of the food. All main courses were accompanied by a huge Yorkshire pudding which was delicious.The beef was tender and my husband loved his wild mushroom risotto. We had 3 courses and drank chapeldown wine. A treat to have sweetbreads for starter .Thoroughly enjoyable