“Birthday ”

Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Tenterden
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Took my mum for a birthday meal a few months ago, the food was absolutely delicious, all home made and very high quality. The atmosphere was lovely and the cake and tea exceptional. Lovely service very well done.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Tea at the oast house in wood church street tenterden in the Kent countryside is not to be missed . My sister and I visited today for the first time and we will be visiting again. We had afternoon tea which consisted of beautiful made finger sandwiches on fresh bread with fillings of ham , egg, cucumber , salmon , cheese with mustard and chutneys accordingly with each filling, then after that we had homemade scones fruit or plain with cream and jam (we had strawberry) with various flavours and to finish we had 4 small squares homemade cake which was homemade and they were the best cakes I have ever tasted , I had English breakfast tea ( but there were various flavour teas) and my sister had filter coffee, the whole tea was £15 per head and was worth every penny . They do a varied menu of homemade produce and delicious desserts at a reasonable cost . It is set in an annex of an oast house and the decor is beautiful and the owner and staff are lovely .the whole place is full of olde worldly ambience and if you miss this place it would be to your detriment , I cannot praise it high enough , I have never tasted food like it in a rearooms or a restaurant before , attention to detail was present at every serving , so glad we found it .

3  Thank annieb271
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

I brought my mum here for her birthday. We have been to a few afternoon teas before but this was by far the best. Beautiful setting, great food and really friendly staff. It was an all round brilliant experience. Will come back and would definatlely recommend!

TeaattheOast, Owner at Tea at the Oast, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm really pleased your mum enjoyed her Birthday afternoon tea. Hopefully we will see you again soon! Many thanks, Jess

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

I booked an afternoon tea for my family...I let them know our requirements in advance and they catered for them all perfectly.
It's a gorgeous, quirky little place with exceptional food...it was all fresh, and homemade (even the selection jams for the scones). As a family, we love to go for afternoon tea and have been to most of the famous ones served at the Ritz, Claridges etc and I can say that this was the nicest we've had...and incredibly reasonably priced...we will be finding reasons to visit Tea at the Oast regularly from now on!

Wow what an amazing review! Thank you so much and I'm really pleased you enjoyed your afternoon tea. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Many thanks, Jess

Reviewed August 5, 2017

What a find, I was treated to afternoon tea, it was delightful; homemade (everything including the jams), unhurried and delicious. As our tea came to an end we were already planning our next visit.

Thank you for your fantastic review! I'm really pleased you enjoyed your afternoon tea. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Many thanks, Jess