“A lovely local pub”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I always come in here when I am on dog walks, and in general with my partner and my family. The staff are friendly and often other customers are friendly too!
Music can be loud when they have bands playing but there is warning enough for people who aren't fans (like myself) but I'm sure people who prefer the music love it!
The drinks have gone up in price in some areas, hopefully only because of inflation of prices generally. A pint of my favourite ale is just over £4 now when it used to be in the Higher £3s.
However, prices aside this pub puts a lot into making a warm and homely feeling towards people and dogs; with at least two dog bowels to be moved freely in and outside. The candles makes a nice touch (at a major expense to the pub) and so does the buildings natural wood aesthetic look.
Overall, a lovely town pub with a friendly vibe.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant whilst driving through the town and it was a truly exceptional experience. The food was very good, the service was very good, and the venue was very good. Anywhere that puts as much effort into making sure all the food it serves is homemade deserves a visit. A must if you are ever nearby and we are definitely likely to go back.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Drove an hour to try out some new material at your open mic - which is clearly listed on your website - only to be told on arrival it’s not happening this month! #ffs Really poor form. Guess we’ll have a drink and drive an hour back home... Website updates are really a quite basic function of good pub management.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

woolpack welcomed us with a roaring fire and good food after a visit to the dairy brewery would recommend you book if a party of four or more as not huge seating area. Good food and friendly staff. we were a party of 7.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

Called in for Sunday Lunch with my wife and daughter. The staff were very friendly and the building is beautiful with exposed oak beams and open fires. Had a nice pint of Ale with my lunch too. The food let it down slighlty as the vegetables were very over cooked. Nice braised cabbage though and decent beef. The apple crumble was great too. Had ran a bar tab but an itemised bill was not supplied. All in all would reccomend a visit.