“Finding the right dishes”

Happy Valley Chinese Takeaway
Ranked #37 of 46 Restaurants in Tenterden
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Recently the Chinese restaurant in Tenterden closed which was a massive shame for the town. The only Chinese we have now is the take away in St Michaels.

The menu is pretty long and some of the items may not be exactly like the ones from the other place but after using Happy Valley a few times we are starting to find the dishes that we like and are really pleased with some of them.

We particularly like the spicy Singapore Noodles the Szechuan dishes and the beef shreds (crispy chilli beef).

Once you have tried them a few times and found what you like it’s a good takeaway. It is busy though as the work load has gone up since the restaurant closed down so be patient on delivery times.

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank Scoredo

Reviewed May 10, 2018

A lod of s
Crap took the Towel of my husband bad service hat to way 2 hours for delivery and then went to a different houses poor duck only skin no meat rude serves werst Chinese ever do not reack a meaned it !!!!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank Sophi E
HappyValleyTenterden, General Manager at Happy Valley Chinese Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2018

We appreciate your frustration in not receiving your order because of us delivering to the wrong address. Out of goodwill we offered a discount and to reissue your order ASAP. You doubled the value of your order from ~£20 to £40 and then refused to pay my driver the full value of the order when she delivered it. When she attempted to take the food back you verbally abused and shoved my driver over. My driver who is a female in her 50s and double your age.

Anyone that knows us, will know we are a family run business that aims to bring value to our customers and I’m sure you cannot condone such abusive behaviour...

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Greasy bland flavoured food with 1hr and a half wait on weekends never coming again...
very disappointed as i wanted a nice meal recommend you go else where...

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Not impressed at all. Ordered my food and was told “30-45 minutes” after 1.5 hours later our food was delivered. To then see that our food we ordered wasn’t here. Many of our dishes were missing. With another phone call to be slandered and discriminated against. Very upsetting and hurtful when we order from them all the time. Will never use this Chinese again. Staff are very rude and very disrespectful!!

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank karmasmith
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately, we didn’t enjoy our takeaway as it lacked in flavour. I also asked for the fried chicken in satay sauce to be told that it wasn’t a peanut based sauce, it was a spicy sauce...but a satay sauce is a peanut based sauce, so I was a bit confused. I also didn’t get any fried chicken. It’s a shame but the meal wasn’t very good. I don’t think we’ll be coming here again.

Date of visit: February 2018