“Lunch”

Ranked #16 of 46 Restaurants in Tenterden
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Was recommended by a guide on the Kent and East Sussex Railway. Was friendly, clean and tasty food, would visit again when in the area

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We had breafast here which was very nice and served in vintage crockery. Delicious food. All very pretty inside but probably needs a little updating. Would visit again.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We sat down outside, with our dog and waited. No one came, so I went inside to let them know we were outside and asked for menus. There were two members of staff, one was just standing behind the counter - a young man, not doing anything.

We chose what we wanted to eat and our order was taken. Our food was brought to us in a reasonable amount of time.

My husband had the croque monsieur - he said it was quite nice.

I'd ordered a pot of earl grey tea - but didn't get that. I was given a pot of tea, possibly it had some earl grey with it but I couldn't taste it at all. It was a very strong tea and not very pleasant.

I had a sandwich - it wasn't anything special at all. I've had far, far better elsewhere.

What appalled me was the salad. I love side salad and always enjoy eating this with a sandwich but this was so disgusting, I couldn't eat any of it.

The lettuce was so brown, it was only fit for the bin. What staff member thought it ok to serve this up and put dressing on it, I don't understand at all.

I didn't eat the coleslaw because it was heavily covered in dressing and I didn't trust the staff who had served the lettuce which was well past its best, so possibly the coleslaw was too and I wasn't going to eat anything which was possibly off.

I'd give my meal one star.

I was annoyed that no one came to check if everything was alright. It wasn't very busy, there were a few customers inside and no one else was outside.

The staff here seem very lazy and not bothered to serve up good food, in fact, quite happy to serve up food which is well beyond it's use by date.

The owner here needs to install a system to prevent food which is past it's best from being served up and a reminder of good customer service, like checking if customers are happy with their order, needs to be urgently given.

I would not recommend this place to anyone and will never return, there are far better places to go to in Tenterden.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Lucky Lee's latest best cream tea in the world. This great place to eat in Tenterden Kent had what has got to be the Lucky Lee's Best Cream Tea In The World along with great service from the staff. It's well worth the trip to Tenderden just for this..

Reviewed June 23, 2018

Stopped of here in the lovely village of Tenterden whilst out on a long bike ride for coffee and cake. The coffee was good much better than costafortune but the brownie was very good and it was the perfect coffee and cake stop on my bike ride. I will definitely stop here again when i am cycling through Tenterden. The service was spot on as well. Thank you for great service, coffee and cake that helped me along for the rest of my bike ride.