“Another Wonderful Meal”

Ranked #14 of 141 Restaurants in Whitstable
Price range: US$13 - US$64
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mucini Italian Kitchen. Set in the attractive Whitstable suburb of Tankerton, on the north east coast of Kent, Mucini is a small family-run restaurant which offers a fresh approach to traditional Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. We invite you to sit comfortably in our tastefully appointed dining room where you can experience at close hand the sights, sounds and aromas of our Sicilian chef at work in the intimate open kitchen. Seating is also available outside, should you wish to dine 'al-fresco'. Why Mucini? Dining at Mucini has been described by one visitor as 'a truly theatrical experience' in recent testimonials, whereas other satified customers have described Mucini as 'an intimate restaurant with lots of character and so different from the usual high street chains'.
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Visited today for my husband's birthday and Easter Sunday lunch. We told them that my mother in law has a garlic allergy and they catered to her beautifully. She usually eats very plain food but she adored her salmon dish and raved over it. She also enjoyed her goats cheese starter. My father in law was impressed with the generous portions and really enjoyed his pork dish. My husband had the sea bass and I had the swordfish which was beautifully cooked. The food tasted incredible as always. The desserts at Mucinis are a must. My husband and I both had the amaretti biscuit base with hazelnut ice cream so nice but be warned it's a it's a it's boozy so not for children. My daughter is 3 and some of my prawns and Nannys goats cheese, some swordfish, some salmon, some crushed potatoes, veg, then ice cream and she loved it. We will be back.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Had a meal in Mucini last night, Paris was our waitress and along with Mucini they changed the menu to fit in with my slimming world. Fantastic food great service in great surroundings..... Definitely will be visiting again to try all the delicious choices in the menu

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed another very enjoyable meal at Mucini’s restaurant.
Excellent food, service and ambience. Always dishes up good food at a very good price. We just love it!

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Six of us had a lovely Mother's Day lunch. Restaurant was busy, but we were still served quickly and the food was excellent. Three of us are vegetarian so we asked for one of the dishes to be cooked without the anchovies on the menu and this was no problem. We would definitely go again.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Early evening meal with friends. All of us had been several times before, which in itself says a lot. You don’t go back to a place which is not worth it. The food, as always was superb. Not that busy since it was a 6pm booking, but the service was attentive and not overbearing. A perfectly reasonable wait between courses...we didn’t want a fast food restaurant, we wanted to enjoy our meal and conversation. The house wine was reasonably priced and very drinkable...we had a second bottle.
As I said, this was not our first visit and won’t be our last. If you like good authentic Sicilian fayre it is very hard to beat.