All reviews sausage beans air con the sofa bed late check budget hotel convenient location breakfast was included buffet style a large car park yogurt plenty of free parking overnight stop visiting the area tea and coffee visiting family business trip
Reviewed October 8, 2018

I stayed at this hotel which has recently been refurbished. The room was clean and comfortable, plenty of sockets to charge ones tablet etc. Nice mugs for tea and coffee. An iron is provided should you need it. My only slight complaint was that in a double room there was only one chair and there is room for two. The food was really good. The staff were really helpful, when I asked where I could find a post box the receptionist kindly offered to post it himself on his way home. There is a good size car park. It is located near a nice canal walk..

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
SGSM_Burnley, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burnley, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Good afternoon

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad your stay was pleasant and that our receptionists where so helpful.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We stayed while visiting friends in the area. When we Checked in there was an issue with the lock on our room door. We called reception and someone immediately came up with a maintenance man and when he couldn't fix it she said we can be moved to another room, as we were in a rush to go out she said she would arrange this for us and even move our bags to the new room if we liked and the new key would be Left at reception for us when we returned in the evening.
As soon as we returned in the evening Aimee(I believe her name was) was expecting us and knew all about the issue as soon as I told her my name.
Aimee was super helpful when I came down to reception a couple more times to get food and drink etc. She was amazingly friendly and a genuinely nice and helpful person and really made our stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good afternoon
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our lovely staff member, Aimee , was so helpful. We hope that you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was great, clean tidy room with friendly staff the only problem was as they had a function on I was informed that you could only order food between 5- 5.30 which wasn’t great but the food was good.

Trip type: Travelled solo
SGSM_Burnley, GSA at Holiday Inn Express Burnley, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Good afternoon Mr Howes

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with the change of kitchen times for the evening meal but glad you still had a meal and it was satisfactory.

We are happy to hear the staff were friendly and rooms tidy.

We look forward to your next stay with us. Have a great week.

Regards,
Natasha Mcclintock

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Good spacious rooms, really nice self service breakfast, large free car park, great for business or family stop overs. Friendly and efficient staff. Good bathroom facilities. Free newspaper and a kitkat for club members

Room tip: get a room as far away from the lift as possible
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SGSM_Burnley, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burnley, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Good Evening, Thank you for your lovely review, we are pleased to here you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you again soon.
Regards
Donna

Reviewed September 26, 2018

The hotel is very easy to locate. It's a very clean, modern hotel with friendly staff who welcomed us as soon as we entered the place. The room was spacious, light and clean. The bed was extremely soft, better than my own bed! I had some lovely nights sleep there. Plus the breakfast options were plentiful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burnley, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful comments and it is always nice to read of such experiences. Hoping you choose to stay with us again in the near future