1,173 results
All reviews medieval banquet leisure club wedding planner leisure facilities village rooms from start to finish bridal suite christmas party steam room food was lovely full english self service couldn't fault cooked breakfast lovely staff good nights sleep yogurt
Reviewed April 26, 2016

I stayed here for a period of one night while on business in the area.

The hotel used to be the "holiday village" for the now abandoned theme park that is next door. The theme park is still there will old roller coasters reaching into the sky and lots of condemned buildings. Driving in past the old remains of the entrance and its all looking a bit sorry with lots of vandalism, its sad to see a place that many people enjoyed looking as it does.....However it looks like this will turn into homes at some point.

The hotel itself is easy to find and located close to Chorley and the main routes. On arrival you drive along past a nice lake and then there is a grand entrance area with a big bar and restaurant. The site is huge with accommodation in the main building which is slightly more expensive or outside the main building in chalets. I opted for main building when booking. The room was pretty big, nice big bed, decent enough bathroom but it was started to look a little tired the place is still themed and did have that "holiday camp" feel to it in parts. Also there was a bit of noise during the night but didn't keep me awake too much.

Breakfast wasn't too bad, Wi-Fi was good and staff seemed friendly enough. I would stay again if in the area and it was pleasant enough.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
BWParkHall, General Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

Dear Tony S,

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay again in future.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

We asked to be moved from the first room as a large shower head fell off the wall as I was having a shower. The second room had no water pressure at all and the duty manager responded to our complaint by telling us that! HOWEVER the General Manager was brilliant and took our complaint the next morning, very seriously. He immediately called Maintenance, he offered a reduction on the cost of the room and organised breakfast for us, even though it was passed breakfast time. He restored my faith in slightly tired hotels and I'll go back again sometime. Well done The GM

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear ChezandPete,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Once again please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. I am pleased we managed to address your concerns and that you will visit us again sometime, see you soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Just had a two night stay in a villlage room. Well equipped chalet type accomodation.
Fabulous breakfast and an extensive choice of dinners and bar snacks available. Spa area clean and wheelchair friendly. The thing we enjoyed most about our stay was the hospitality we were shown. The staff were the friendliest i have come across, and went the extra mile catering for all our needs. A massive thank you to Katie on reception, we will be booking again for sure

Room Tip: The village rooms are nice and quiet and spacious
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear Debbie M,

Thank you for your lovely review. It is great to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that the staff helped make your stay such an enjoyable one. I will share your kind words with Katie and the rest of the team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

I asked for a quiet room which I was kindly given. The room was lovely. Very spacious. Bed was very comfortable. The shower was lovely. The food was very overpriced and not even that good. 6 chips and a small fish for £15.00 to give you an idea. We found a Tesco café about a 10 minutes drive away so decided to eat there instead. Much better. There is also a toby carvery about 5 minutes away. The breakfast on the first day was served to us. So we had to tell the waitress what we wanted. The second day was self service which was much better. However the third day was back to being served. I was asked what I would like I said 4 hash browns....to which I received a look and the comment of...FOUR hash browns? oh my....I said give me a second to finish...and beans please, As a vegetarian there wasn't much else hot food wise. The woman then looked quite sheepish. I didn't use the gym or the pool. This stay was booked through work. The reception staff were very friendly.

Stayed: April 2016
BWParkHall, General Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Dear Rebecca A,

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. I will discuss your food with the Head Chef so we can make improvements. We do offer a vegetarian sausage so if you visit again then just let the team know so we can offer you a little more variety at breakfast.

Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a long, tedious, Easter drive to Aberdeen. This hotel used to cater for the 'Camelot ' theme park (now closed). It has a large number of chalets, which have large family rooms. Dog bowls and snacks were provided. The cost was £69 for fsmily plus £10 for the dog . Great value.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear Tony S,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stop over and found your stay to be great value. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.