“Best haddock & chips+mushy peas outside Yorkshire in a chippy desert”
Review of Castle chippy

Castle chippy
Ranked #26 of 151 Restaurants in Clitheroe
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Well, the staff put up with my pathetic jokes, my stories about haddick [That is how they say it in BARNSLEY, S, Yorks!!!!] in Yorkshire where I taught etc. Then I took them home wrapped up in a tad of insulation - a Liverpool shirt- whilst I waited for the bus nearby. The bus stop was disgusting, outside the Pendle Club on Lowergate, and so typical of Clitheroe now-with excess traffic, at high speed.... so many important people pratting around... The meal was consumed with pleasure at home. Best I have eaten in Lancs., for many years. Only a chip shop in Peace Square, Bradford, comes close!!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank StewKent

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

As visitors to Clitheroe we chose here because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor only to be very disappointed. My husband and I both had cod and chips with mushy peas. The chips were only just warm and the fish was grey and more batter than fish. Would not recommend ☹️

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

One of our friends said let’s get some chips for lunch so 6 if us went as it was a very busy time to attempt to sit in anywhere!
Can I just say staff were lovely the choice on the menu is unbelievable for a small chippy and to top it off it was home made Tartar sauce which was fantastic I was bowled over and will def be back thank you

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

As a Coeliac it is hard to find GF fish & chips. At Castle Chippy, Clitheroe there is an extensive GF menu. Never had some many decisions to make before. Food is tasty & staff very knowledgable & friendly.
Spam fritters are a guilty pleasure.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

I visited in August with my colleague from overseas who had never had British fish and chips before. The staff were lovely and the food was fantastic!

Date of visit: August 2018