US$41
PremierInn.com
US$67
US$53
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$59/night.

US$64
Hotels.com
US$70
US$63
1,479 results
All reviewsspa breakspa facilitiessteam roomlovely groundsmain buildingrelaxation roomlovely hotelexecutive roomafternoon teasmall poolevening mealwedding breakfastbed and breakfastenjoyable stayfull englishbar areawedding venue
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

When you can get a brand new Holiday Inn around the corner for the same price, these sorts of hotels need to step up their game!

My welcome was nice and the lady on reception was helpful, however the room was up some stairs, into a nondescript door, past other rooms, down more stairs, up the other side etc....

The room was run down and in desperate need of refurbishment, but on the whole it was clean. The shower head was disgusting though, and the towels were threadbare. The mustard suite looked like it was straight from the 70s!

Dinner was OK but expensive!! £3.75 for a side of veg, and £16 for an average risotto. The room was very dark and silent... Some music wouldn't go amiss.

Breakfast was OK, had everything anybody could possibly want, and the staff were lovely. No complaints here.

Overall, would I stay here again? Not a chance. I think the hotel management sees 'character' but I just saw a tired-looking hotel in desperate need of renovation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
KC_GeneralManager, General Manager at Macdonald Kilhey Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear alexalcol,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding the service from both our reception and breakfast teams.

I do hope that you will give us a chance to earn back your trust in the future, I would be happy to make your reservation personally and ensure that you enjoy the full Macdonald Kilhey Court experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Hotel lovely with exception to restaurants which is freezing cold but food lovely and have a very long wait between courses. Pool far too small and not enough loungers for guests. Open fire lite in afternoon but not lit in evening when you come of cold restaurant and want to get warm had to go to bed to get warm.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear lindadartoncubs,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel lovely, however with a few niggles. Whilst I wish, you had a better experience overall, it is feedback from our guests that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard as a team as we continually strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience throughout all areas of the hotel.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

First impressions of the hotel were ok. It looked a little dated but fairly tidy.

I booked a hot stone massage in the spa when we arrived and my husband went to the pool sauna etc. It was ok, as with the rest of the hotel just a little run down.

Hotel is mainly booked by people on business so from 6am you’re woken by the sound of others - opening and closing doors, running water and phones going - I’m assuming someone had requested a wake up call but didn’t answer it!
As a side note I could clearly hear someone snoring! Not sure if it was coming from the room below or next door! But it was rather annoying at 4am!! So the rooms weren’t particularly sound proof.
The bed was rather uncomfortable. Pillows were very hard.

We booked breakfast. There is an advice slip in the room advising what times are the busiest for breakfast. We chose to go at 8:45 as 8:30 till 9:30 is the quietest.
When we went down they had to look for a table for us as even though the restaurant was less than half full most of the tables had yet to be cleared from earlier.
We were ordered tea, coffee and toast. Which took longer than expected.
We then ordered cooked breakfast and went to get something from the continental section. There was fruit cereal jams and pastries. Unfortunately the pastries were stale as i’m guessing they had been sat out since 6:30. The toast arrived burnt and cold and they didn’t bring butter so we had to wait to ask for it. We then had a long wait for our cooked breakfast. It was all lukewarm at best.

Overall we were disappointed, but didn’t feel it was too bad for how much we had paid. I would say during the week it’s more of a business hotel. Wouldn’t recommend for couples.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear SDunkerton,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at the hotel. Whilst I wish that you had a better experience overall, it is feedback from our guests that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard as a team as we continually strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience throughout all areas of the hotel.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

This hotel was located close to some of our friends. It also borders Worthington Lakes, and we had a very enjoyable walk around these before we left. It has a big carpark.

The main entrance in the old House has great character, and the hotel has been developed tastefully, and now offers a lot facilities, particularly for business events.

Our room was fine, reasonably well appointed and good value. However the main challenge was the access to it through the maze of corridors and stairs. We should have taken up the offer of a porter service! They need to get clearer signs in the hotel, though fire emergency signs are fine!

We met friends in the bar and had some light snacks. Service there was not brilliant, with the barman forgetting part of our order! Breakfast was okay, but again it was a little haphazard. We assume they had been under some pressure.

Overall good value if you get a good package - we booked online.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindiBoy2
KC_GeneralManager, General Manager at Macdonald Kilhey Court, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear LindiBoy2,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was thrilled to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your walk around the three lakes we are very lucky to have at the end of our gardens.

I am sorry that you felt our signage wasn't clear, I will have a look at that and I will address your feedback with our Food and Beverage teams to ensure that they are striving to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Yours Sincerely

Kirsti

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Four of us Enjoyed an excellent Spa with afternoon tea on a Deal £95 per couple. Treatments were great so relaxing, then a nice chill out in the quiet room. Used the pool, Sauna and jacuzzi was great fun. We then enjoyed afternoon tea in the hotel overlooking the gardens and Lake with plenty of cake . Excellent value for money would highly recommend. Thank you

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mtmorgan
KC_GeneralManager, General Manager at Macdonald Kilhey Court, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear Mtmorgan,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit our spa. I was thrilled to read that we met with your expectations & that you enjoyed your spa day at the hotel.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Yours Sincerely