All reviews wedding co ordinator wonderful wedding family wedding stayed one night booked rooms would stay again good nights sleep many thanks full english breakfast cannot fault holland hall christening colin midnight
Reviewed February 11, 2018

The drive was full of potholes and as we approached we joked that we hoped the room was in better condition! The receptionist was lovely but we were given a room with a strange unidentifiable smell, very dark and depressing (just two dull bedside lights) and furniture that was ready for the tip.Upon mentioning our disappointment to the manager we were given the option to take it or leave it ............we left it.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salsarioja
hollandhallhotel, Manager at Holland Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Firstly thank you for taking the time to publish your review.
I am pleased to inform you that the driveway has now been re-surfaced, we have had to schedule this in around our busy events schedule, but the driveway has been tarmac'ed and is now all smooth :-)
Thank you for your kind words about our receptionist!
I am disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your room, we are looking into improving the hotel and its facilities as there has been a recent change of ownership, we hope to welcome you back to Holland Hall Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for 1 night.
The room was nice although it was cold
And the water flow isn't to good.
Apart from that it's a nice hotel.
We had a meal that was nice
Freshly cooked.
I would recommend this hotel I believe it has just changed ownership

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
hollandhallhotel, Manager at Holland Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are excited for the times ahead and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holland Hall again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Great food great service great day. Highly recommend people to do this takes aĺl the Hasel out Xmas day . U just sit back and relax and be waited on food was amazing it includes beers wine and soft drinks so get a cab and chill u won't be disappointed

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
hollandhallhotel, Manager at Holland Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are proud of the level of customer service we provide here at Holland Hall Hotel and it is rewarding to be recognised for this, especially on Christmas Day as our staff worked tirelessly to execute such a successful day.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Another family outing at this venue. Can't be that bad because we come back once again. The room was tastefully decorated, plenty of experienced staff on hand to handle any requirement. I must say that the venue is getting very popular as the room was nearly to capacity. The small grip I would mention is the vegetables were underdone by 6 minutes. Apart from that the day was brilliant with the bar staff worthy of praise. Booking for next year with even more family attending

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Our staff work tirelessly to serve all customers to an excellent standard.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 26th to 28th of October. We were very disappointed. Whilst I appreciate the price is reasonable, we did expect a warm room and basic cleanliness.

On arrival we were given keys to our room. On opening the door, visible shards of broken glass were evident on the filthy dirty carpet. Arriving very late due to commitments we cleaned the glass away ourselves. Also obvious was a puddle of water in the middle of the bathroom, a room which had large cracks in the ceiling, dust, cobwebs and mold. The bathroom radiator was broken, the two rooms heated by a small radiator in the bedroom (which had been turned off), the rooms were freezing.

The whole area was filthy, some years since a lick of paint. The bed frame broken and mattress exhausted meaning that you were inclined to fall from the bed.

The following morning I spoke to reception and asked if it would be possible for the carpet to be vacuumed before our second night as we had arrived to find broken glass on the floor. The reply without apology "we may be able to do that". On leaving on day three, we walked past an empty reception desk.

I travel all over the UK and stay in dozens of hotels with my work, this was by far the worst accommodation and customer service I have encountered for quite some time.

I emailed the hotel and asked for feedback/views on our stay. They did not bother to reply.

Deeply disappointed as we hoped this would be a regular stay for family visits for the next few years. I get the feeling that this business is based on weddings and functions, midweek stays are simply a revenue stream where it is clear customer service is very absent. Will need to look elsewhere in the future, I suggest others do the same.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank themonty888
hollandhallhotel, Manager at Holland Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review about Holland Hall, without customers like yourself we would not be able to continue to run a successful business.

I can only apologise for your experience, when our team investigated this matter we could not find any traces of glass within the room or dustbins, a member of the team would have been more than happy to assist should we have known about the problem. Our Housekeeping team of many years experience would never leave a room with a danger of broken glass on the carpet as we know this is dangerous for our guests. A member of our team was on her hands and knees searching for this upon servicing your room after the first night to ensure this was not there for your second night and she did not find anything. The room was hoovered prior to your arrival and again during servicing, I can only sincerely apologise for this.

The reasoning behind the reception desk being empty will be more than likely to do with a need for our reception team needing to speak with our housekeeping team, I am sorry you found an empty desk. We pride ourselves upon our excellent level of customer service here at Holland Hall Hotel as you can see throughout the previous reviews from others customers. I am surprised to hear you found our customer service to be poor- and again I can only apologise for this.

The bedrooms are fitted with an air-conditioning unit, which has a heat setting to boost the heat of the rooms as this is based within the old part of the hotel, the radiators are not enough to heat the rooms fully and this is what the unit is for. A member of our team would have been more than happy to turn this on for you should we have been made aware that you found your room to be cold.

I can assure you that all business to the hotel is of importance, yes we host functions but we are a fully functioning hotel and restaurant 7 days a week. All customers and revenue is of importance and this is a matter of opinion, I am disappointed to hear this as our staff work tirelessly all year round, 7 days a week to provide an excellent level of customer service.

If you would like to re-send your email a member of management will be more than happy to respond, I have searched our emails and cannot find an email from yourself, I think this may have been lost, our email address is info@hollandhallhotel.co.uk and this will then be forwarded to the appropriate manager, should you have an issue re-sending please contact the hotel on 01695 624426 and a member of the team can give you an email address for a member of management.

I would like to invite you back to the Hotel as this is not the normal standard to which you have experienced, please make yourself known and we will ensure your next stay is of our normal excellent standard.
I hope this has not deterred you from returning to the hotel and we would look forward to welcoming you back to Holland Hall Hotel in the near future.