All reviews indian restaurant one night room was clean lovely hotel family room biscuits market square friendly gentleman tea and coffee nice food staff were wonderful twin room nice stay last minute booking little things couldn't do enough enjoyed our stay
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

You do not expect much for under £50 but this hotel was ok. The reception was friendly on arrival and were warned about zealous parking warden which was good. The hotel has a car park so we avoided any tickets leaving it on the street. The rooms are basic but have tea making. Yes the place could benefit from some investment, bathroom updating and redecoration. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise cereal toast and a full English is not to be snubbed when heading to Cadwell Park for the day where it is expensive to eat. The coffee was excellent.
All in all an alright place to rest for the night.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ronald W, Manager at The Windmill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

We are grateful for the review and comments left by this guest. We offer budget priced accommodation which is value for money. There are plans to give the building some TLC when occupation levels permit.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I was a bit dubious after reading some reviews , but the staff were friendly, the room was spacious, clean and comfortable, the bathroom was adequate, the coffee cups were tiny , I like a nice mug of tea ! only complaint though! Yes downstairs did smell of Indian food , which we ate one night and it was lovely and reasonably priced, but the bedrooms didn't. Free and plentiful parking. I have stayed in hotels double the price that were as good. We had a nice stay and would return again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ronald W, Manager at The Windmill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

We are extremely grateful for the kind and positive review left by this guest. The comments reflect our belief that we offer value for money. Should this guest return in the future they will be welcomed with open arms,

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Me and my two children stayed here, from the moment we arrived we had good service. We were all given a drink after a long hot drive. The family room is on the top floor as advertised and our suitcase was taken up for us. We met the housekeeper who was very friendly and when I asked for more towels she gave them straight away and extra toiletries. My youngest could not reach the sink in the bathroom so I asked the housekeeper if they had a little step but they did not and she advised to use the chair in the bedroom, that was fine but it was quite a big chair. The next day with a little nite she had found a smaller chair and put this in our room. My girls loved the note and my daughter was able to reach the sink. The room was clean as were the beds and towels. Tea, coffee and biscuits in the room. Breakfast was nice and waiting staff very pleasant. We also went for a meal in the Indian restaurant and this was very tasty. One night I could not find a shop open to get my girls some milk so I asked at reception if they had any and they did and gave me to glasses of milk and did not charge (little things like this impress me) On checking out the house keeper took the suitcase down for me and to my car. On the day we arrived the housekeepers children were waiting for their mum to finish and they were very polite and they offered my children a sweet and one evenings the proprietors children were sat colouring in and my children joined them.

Now to respond to the negative points people have put (which I was a bit worried about before I came) Yes the hotel could do with new carpets as they are quite stained but you can tell they are hoovered regularly, one morning I did notice dog hairs on the stairs but again the hotel is clear that they accept dogs and later that day the hairs had gone. Yes when you walk in you can smell Indian food (again the hotel are clear about this) but this smell stops as soon you go up the stairs (not sure how but it does). The bathroom in the room could do with updating but do I go away to spend time in the bathroom? no, did it serve its purpose? yes.
Yes it was hot in the room but so is my house and there is not much anyone can do about the heat, the houskeeper gave us a fan on the first day. Yes you can hear noise from the market square, especially as we had the windows open, this was an issue on market morning as they started at 430am, is this the hotels fault? No. I did not come across any rude staff at all.

Overall I could not fault the hotel, it is a budget hotel and what I got was value for money. I felt safe, my children were made to feel welcome and enjoyed themselves. If you want a pristine hotel then go to a hotel that charges a lot more and you may get it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ronald W, Manager at The Windmill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

We greatly appreciate the positive and honest review and comments left by this guest. We always strive to meet any guest requirements and going the extra mile brings rewards. In response to the negatives, we accept that the carpets need replacing and all being well this will be done, in stages, this winter. The bathrooms are currently being updated when rooms are unoccupied. We hope this guest will return in the future, the welcome will be the same.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this place a couple of times lately , home from home. Great staff, rooms are pleasant enough , food is good and great value for money.
Sad side is I can’t use this hotel again as after many times of asking and twice now I’ve given them my email address they can’t provide me with an invoice for my expenses.
Shame , because it’s an ideal drop in place for me .

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank tonguewizard
Ronald W, Manager at The Windmill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

We thank this guest for their review and comments. I cannot find any emails from this guest. Maybe he sent the request to the wrong email address.

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

I found our room to large and clean, its not without one or two small issues, however we stayed in room 201 and we both had a excellent nights sleep and a good breakfast. Plenty of carparking and the gates are locked on an evening. Now for the bar, the drinks are OK, however it needs a good clean, don't go dressed too smart.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ronald W, Manager at The Windmill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

We appreciate the review and comments left by this guest. The hotel is cleaned top to bottom every day however, the public areas are in constant use during the day. If possible, these areas are given a second clean later in the day. Despite this, we apologise if we did not meet the exacting standards required by this guest and have asked the housekeepers to review the cleaning of the public areas.