“Kitchen Under New Management”
Review of The Thatch Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Thatch Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Broughton
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended by a friend, following a recent visit. The kitchen is under new management, and massively improving standards.
We went on a Sunday, for Sunday lunch. Obviously. Table of 9, we were booked for 3PM. Seated promptly, with menus waiting at the table for us. We got drinks from the bar prior to sitting down, rather than having an order taken at the table. The decor is inoffensive enough, if a little dark. The pub bit does feel like a local pub for local people.
I ordered the roast beef, as did the majority of my party. Though a couple ordered chicken, and received an actual half a chicken, which was a nice surprise. The beef was advised as being served medium, which was a bit further than I’d like. However, it was actually served rare, which made me much happier! The veg was all cooked well, maintaining a bit of bite, instead of the floppy flaccid tasteless stuff you’d normally expect. The gravy was really tasty. I could have managed a boat of it with a plate of roast potatoes, which were also excellent.
Dessert was half a chocolate egg filled with salted caramel mousse, and also excellent. I wish it were eating it again, right now.
Can’t speak for value, as I didn’t see the bill. However, I’ll certainly be booking again. It was all top drawer, bar the Royston Vasey style pub.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank jamiew0787

Reviewed October 14, 2015 via mobile

No online presence at all. No website or Facebook or any mention of food times or meals offered. 21st century and all that.

Popped in to ask about food and was met with a crowd of locals around the bar. Reluctant landlord told me they didn't serve on Mondays, after catching my breath from the stench if stale smoke from the surrounding customers I left and won't be going back in a hurry.

Date of visit: October 2015