All reviews silver service traditional hotel old fashioned a family run hotel melba toast undercover parking under cover a sea view room sea front sunday lunch excellent hotel lovely meal breakfast was excellent enjoyable stay executive room stayed for one night leisure centre
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Stayed at the Kingsway for two nights over holiday weekend. Traditional hotel looking after residents. Excellent sea front location and secure parking behind...for a nominal fee.. Room clean and tidy with the best views.. although it did have an oudour I still can't work out?... Breakfast is well cooked and adequate...however we did have a few small issues but I'm sure it was staff training that morning! We required a bottle of fizz to enjoy the view before dinner on Sunday, which was delivered chilled to our room...been residents .Overall we had a very enjoyable weekend and the staff pleasant and accommodating. Would definitely return and recommend

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinandLou
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Very very disappointed with the meal. I ordered a risotto although it was nice parts of it was cold. The main was Catalan chicken it wasn’t nice at all, firstly the topping was describe as a sauce, it was more like a ragu the onions not chopped they were large chunks, the potatoes not cooked they were sent back. We had a meal there last year which was really very nice so very upset this time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2018

Excellent hotel staff brilliant best breakfast in the world all meals wonderful . Stayed many times . Would never stay anywhere else in Cleethorpes . Management and all staff polite and nothing is to much trouble . Lovely views . Well worth the money . Again best breakfast I have ever had anywhere in the world. Recommend staying there

Room tip: All rooms good but sea view just a little better if you can get one
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2018

We attended as a party of 11 spanning four generations to celebrate an elders birthday.
I am originally a native of Cleethorpes and have been previously been privileged to have visited the Kingsway Restaurant on perhaps 10/12 occasions.
As I say it is a privilege to visit the Kingsway, it has certain indefinable charm. I always expect to see a Poirot, Miss Marple, or Morse appear, having solved their crime!
So to this visit. First to say little has changed. The decor is constant, the staff treat their customers with the same enormous respect, the lounge with its sea views is welcoming, the dining room is grand and spacious, and also enjoys the great sea views.
Where things have slightly drifted from Morse to Lewis, (pardon the puns), is some of the service is just a wee bit threadbare at the seams. I think I understand the staffing system at the Kingsway, which supports apprentice students, learning their silver service trade; and I wholly massively support this. BUT, it also requires some "shop floor" support. The maitre d' can't do it all, he, (Simon(?) I believe, is great, but he can't do it all). On a previous visit I made there were more experienced ladies in attendance to support the youngsters, which made for a far sharper and precise service.
I certainly don't want to denigrate any of the experience I enjoyed on this visit. The food we ate was superb, good steak fillets, salmon, and sole. The starters too were good, (fishcakes, really well received, and pate), though I preferred the pate that was served on my last visit. The jar served on this visit is a big old pot to get through!
At the risk of this becoming personal, I just want to say, if you are planning a visit to Cleethorpes and you want to eat well, then I thoroughly recommend the Kingsway. It delivers a wonderfully sophisticated charm. I also think the Kingsway perhaps needs to find a way to up(change) it's game; and that is not a criticism, I rather think it reflects the hardships of trying to run a hotel /restaurant on this part of the East Coast. It can't be easy, so you have my total support for all you do.
Whenever I visit Cleethorpes, providing I have the time & opportunity I will try to eat with you , & let me also praise you, that you have relaxed the child policy. We had our 6 y.o. with us who I thought behaved acceptably. She enjoyed her food, which you adapted to her tastes from the menu, and was made very welcome. Many thanks for that!
The Kingsway is a great offering in this region, great food, served with traditional values; I don't know, so perhaps I shouldn't speculate............BUT, this is exactly the kind of establishment that needs to exist in to the future.
Kingsway; - don't change.
Visitors to Cleethorpes; - (assuming you want to eat well, and are content to pay a reasonable price to do so); - book yourselves a table in advance, this is a way better experience than your standard "brands". You will enjoy.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Have just experienced a very enjoyable 3 night stay at the Kingsway Hotel.
It is a family run hotel in the 4th generation of ownership and it is easy to see why it has remained so popular. The hotel has a slightly old fashioned feel in a very good way. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful and could not do more to make our stay an enjoyable one.
The room was smart and clean with all we needed. The bathroom was modern with a separate bathroom and shower. A bonus was the car parking which was plentiful and had a choice of covered or outside.
The breakfast was excellent and offered a good choice and very tasty cooked breakfast. Unfortunately we only had the opportunity to have an evening meal once but what a meal it was. We both thought it was one of the best meals that we have had.
Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay and we would havery no hesitation it recommending it to anyone visiting the area.

Date of stay: April 2018