Millfields Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ginnie's(Cleethorpes)
Kings Royal Hotel(Cleethorpes)
View Hotel
All reviewscoach housefitness suitesquash courtvery enjoyable experienceherringgood sizewedding receptionserved quicklystaying at this hotelvaried menufood was lovelyfish chipscooked to perfectioncomfortable roomslovely hotelreception areasteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is a very busy hotel with an equally busy restaurant which non residents rate highly enough to use on a regular basis. It is also a busy fitness centre with lots of non residents making full use of the facilities.
The first night was in an annexe which the room was somewhat stuck in the 80's - very clean with all the usual facilities but just 10 years old decor (at least). Not put off though I stayed again a few days later and that was more modern but equally clean tidy and somewhat better. All seemed very good as I stopped here twice in the same week. I would recommend this hotel for a business trip as the food and drink - and breakfast were very good just ask for one of the refurbed rooms.

Room Tip: Away from the fitness centre and ask for refurbed room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed for one night on business. Arrived on a Wednesday evening to a packed out carpark. There is additional parking at the rear however, it is one way in and one way out at the side of the building. Very dark area and not practical when trying to find a parking space. After 30 minutes of waiting, I was able to find a space.

On checking in, reception was extremely busy. The receptionist was visibly rushed off her feet but service was still with a smile.

I was escorted to my room by a man. For a lady staying on her own in a hotel, I dont think this is best practice, in my opinion. I appreciate the room would have been difficult to find however, I dont think being escorted by a man is appropriate.

I ordered room service which was delivered within around 40 mins (after initially being told there was a two hour wait) so I was pleasantly surprised. However, food was delivered by a man which I dont think is best practice.

The room itself was very dated and the TV wouldnt work. It appears that the tv reciever was not transmitting properly. The bathroom has clearly just been renovated and this was lovely.

The room was noisy and I didnt get much sleep due to the noise and a draft from the window.

I didnt use the restaurant or other facilities during my stay.

In summary; some aspects need reviewing and the parking could be problematic if not in a position to wait around for a space.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have used this Hotel on all my visits to Grimsby.

the food is excellent and very good value for money.

The rooms are comfortable and a few have been refurbished.
There is usually ample car parking however, last week I had difficulty due to a pilates class on Wednesday evening that started at 5pm. Get there before 5pm if possible to guarantee parking.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 28 - 30 very thin walls.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank yvonne_sharp
Reviewed 31 October 2011

First time trying Millfields for an afternoon meal and I was impressed with the value for money and tasty food.

We actually had an entire part of the restaurant to ourselves and were able to savour the autumnal feel of the surrounding grounds.

I settled for vegetable stroganoff, which was very tasty - the hints of Dijon mustard being very evident. There were plenty of vegetables in the sauce, along with lots of different styles of nuts. The accompanying rice was cooked well and was light, not stodgy.

Service was very good and attentive, particularly at dessert time, although the dessert I went with, Baileys Cheescake was a little bit of let down because it was obviously straight out of the freezer, although it was nice enough - but not to the standard of the main course.

My main complaint would be that on the 2-for-1 menu there is only one vegetarian option and this isn't really sufficient when stroganoff is not to everyone's taste.

However, looking at the various evening and Christmas menus, I would definitely consider a trip back to try some of these different fares.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jonnybgoode82
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed here recently; good size car park, has gym facilities as well as a squash court. My purpose was just a room for the night

The room was a good size, nothing spectacular. The bathroom was large; does require updating.

Only fault is, the rooms have thin Walls, so conversations and late night noises can wake you easily.

The service was attentive and quick.

• Stayed: August 2011