All reviewspizza huttravel lodgefootball groundhungry horse pubhour mcdonaldsfast foodpub next doorspacious rooma couple of minutes walkfootball matchstayed here for nightsdouble bedextra towelsretail parkgreat value for moneywhat it says on the tinfamily room
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Upon arrival the lady at the desk, Charlene, was warm and welcoming, she had set up an Easter egg hunt for my daughter in the room and also arranged an activity pack. She was very helpful. The room itself was clean and comfortable. A bit of noise from the corridor and adjacent room but not a lot they could do about that.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Stayed in small family room with my daughter and sister for one night. Was met by a lovely receptionist at 6.30pm who quickly dealt with booking us I as was in need of toilet after 4hr drive on Easter weekend.
Room clean and pleasant . Mattress on double bed slightly sunk in middle when you lay on it so could do with replacing but this was not enough to complain to reception.
For the price we paid I would throughly recommend staying here. Right next to restaurants and Tescos extra.
Left room in morning and was greeted by very pleasant staff looking at a room opposite, all turned and greeted us. Quiet all night but then general noise first thing around 8am to be expected as we were near reception.
Would we stay here again? YES, it suited our needs .

Room Tip: Away from reception on lower floor
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2018

I stayed here for one Saturday night between jobs in Scunthorpe and York. The location is great. There is an eating pub next door, a Pizza Hut and McDonalds on site and a KFC and Tesco Extra just over the road. Plenty of free car parking too once the football supporters had gone home - the Scunthorpe ground is very close by.
The hotel looks relatively recently built, but in the traditional Travelodge lodge style. The welcome at reception was friendly and the standard Travelodge room was nice and clean with a decent shower.
I, personally, slept well, but I did have the window shut and it must be said that there is noticeable noise at times from the dual carriageway and the 24 hour McDonalds. It's telling that reception does have a supply of earplugs for those that require them. I've never seen that before.
But, for me, apart from maybe in the heat of summer when I'd want the window open, I would stay here again.
A good 4 stars based on it being a very good budget hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed March 26, 2018

Came up from Somerset for a birthday party. Location was very useful - just off the motorway so no difficulty finding it. Hotel was pleasant, room was immaculate and staff were very welcoming and helpful. Although situated on a trading estate just over the road from the local football club - who were playing the afternoon we were there, it was very quiet - I am a coeliac so was worried about where to eat but Frankie & Benny's were very accommodating

Room Tip: Good central location
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2018

We visited Scunthorpe Travelodge again at the weekend and were very pleased we had just as good a stay as last time. The weather was wintery to say the least but our room was lovely and warm on our arrival. It was nice to see David again on reception. A friendly face to greet us after a long, snowy journey and he happily chatted whilst my husband moved our car.
We ate at Pizza Hut as we didn’t want to venture far and the Travelodge is literally across the car park so a quick dash in the snow. David was busy mopping the floor on our return. A thankless job given the weather!
Scunthorpe Travelodge is our hotel of choice when we come back now. Good prices if you book at the right time and no complaints about the hotel or its staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple