“Delicious. ”
Review of The Game Cock Inn

The Game Cock Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Austwick
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to The Game Cock Inn a Traditional Yorkshire Dales pub, restaurant and B&B with a cosy bar, real fire, award winning restaurant, delicious food with a French twist and comfortable, quality accommodation.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The food at the Gamecock was outstanding. The Haddock and chorizo is something that I crave daily, but alas, I live in the states and can’t have it but a couple time’s a year. Great atmosphere, local beers, great food, and a great staff. Yum.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our first visit here but we will definately return on our next visit to the area. The food was amazing and the staff were really friendly

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely pub. Fantastic. So cosy, warm and welcoming on a wet, cold, dreary April evening. We are staying nearby in Low Bentham and came for an evening meal. Very reasonably priced. My son has pizza a chips which looked delicious and both my mum and I had beef bourginon. The beef was excellent. Really tasty. Proper hearty pub grub.

Not one single complaint. Yummy food, traditional pub surroundings and lovely staff. Excellent.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch after a long walk. We were given a very warm welcome and although we hadn’t made a reservation, there was a table available almost immediately. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We anticipated that the quality of the food was going to be high after hearing the waiters say ‘yes chef’ once food orders were ready. Such a lovely atmosphere and very good value for money too. I highly recommend The Game Cock Inn. We will be back!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I booked a table here in the recommendation of a work colleague who had recently eaten here, and certainly wasn’t disappointed. The food was absolutely excellent, the waiters knowledgeable, service very swift and efficient and location was lovely.
I’ve eaten in places with a much higher reputation in other areas of the UK and world and can honestly say that the food in those places wasn’t a patch on this.

For starters we all had had French Onion Soup with freshly baked bread and for main I had Boeuf Bourguignon with potato, my wife Thai Fishcakes and my in-laws Local Game Pie and Fish Pie. All meals were excellent, the accompanying wine decent and the price very reasonable.

This is a gem of a place in the Dales and I’d certainly recommend that you phone ahead and book a table if you’re in the area.