Crathorne Hall Hotel
US$219
Best Western Parkmore Hotel(Stockton-on-Tees)
US$103
US$86
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$104
St George Hotel(Darlington)
US$58
Claireville Hotel(Stockton-on-Tees)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsafternoon teacream teastately homewedding partywedding breakfastsconesdrawing roombridal suitecountry housebeautiful hotelcleveland hillscoffee machinebirthday treateggs benedictevening mealnorth yorkshireno lift
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel as part of a wedding party and generally enjoyed our stay. The staff were helpful and professional but there was an air of tiredness about the hotel.

Public areas were very nice and the wedding meal and party all went very well.

Our room was on the 3rd floor and there is no lift beyond the 1st so there was a long climb, not too easy with luggage although the doorman did offer to take ours.

The ladies WC is on the 1st floor so once again a bit of a climb and walk from the far end of the hotel.

The room was very hot indeed even though the radiator was turned off and only one window would open. The view, however, was lovely.

The bathroom was large but there was no walk in shower and the climb into the bath to use the overhead shower was quite high and the vanity unit was too small to store anything around the sink leaving wash bags full and left on the floor.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the rear offer lovely views but unless you are fit and able to climb stairs do not stay above the 1st floor level.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonathan S
MarkClayton, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your visit to the Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay and really do appreciate the feedback you have given as I can then share this with the team and look to improve upon areas needed.

If you are planning a future visit to the Hotel please do let me know so I can oversee your booking and so allocate a room closer to the lift for you with a walk in shower. If you had brought to the attention of our Reception team your issues with the stairs/ shower I am sure they would have endeavoured to move you to a more appropriate room.

Again many thanks for your review and I do hope to see you at the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Highly recommend this hotel. It has star quality first class service and an excellent restaurant. Visited this hotel recently to celebrate my birthday. Room was beautifull with our own personal balcony. Dinner bed and breakfast rate is an excellent deal as the food is original, first class and of extreme quality.
All staff work hard too make this a beautifull hotel to relax and enjoy. It is set in beautifull grounds and is close to yarm for a lovely town visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MarkClayton, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at the Hall, I am so glad you had a lovely stay and hope you had an enjoyable Birthday too. I have passed on your compliments to all of the team and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We visited Crathorne Hall for a Surprise Birthday meal for my Mum, we went for Sunday Lunch in April 2012. The staff were extremely helpful and the service was excellent. They joined in with the surprise and made the day perfect for Mum. With four generations there -the youngest one being 2 weeks old- we had quite diverse requirements all of which were met perfectly. The room was beautifully set out and the food was excellent.
The setting is very picturesque with plenty of outside space to enjoy the early spring sunshine. We were able to take full advantage of this by sitting on the patio and the children were able to stretch their legs on the lawn. All in all everything was superb, I'm sure we will be going to Crathorne Hall again soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for writing your review following your private Lunch at the Hotel a short while ago, I am so pleased your Mum had an lovely Birthday and each of your family an enjoyable Lunch. The lawns are a great area for children (and adults alike) to stretch their legs-and what lovely weather you had too!

I hope to see you all back at the Hotel for future celebrations in years to come.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We arranged a family celebration lunch at Crathorne Hall as a surprise, for my mother's birthday. 23 guests attended, including several children and babies.

From the first greeting on the door, everyone was welcoming, knew about the event and did everything they could to make it a lovely surprise celebration for my mum.

We had our own room, with a dedicated member of staff - Jim - who looked after us, exceptionally well, for the entire event. He made suggestions to improve the day, looked after the needs of individual guests - especially parents with a 2 week old baby.

The room setting was beautiful and the individual name cards with menu choices worked brilliantly - even though we totally reorganised where people sat, Jim took it all calmly in his stride.

The food was lovely, good portions, presentation and taste.

The President's Lounge was a lovely setting - on the first floor, with a Juliet balcony and lovely views - ideal for a small party.

We will return!

The Wright Family

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Mr Wright,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write both into the Hotel directly and post your kind words onto trip advisor. I have passed on your compliments to all of the team, in particular to Jim & Chef, they were delighted to hear them.

I am so pleased your Mum had a lovely day- and hope she enjoyed the surprise Lunch. The Presidents Lounge does lend itself beautifully to private family get togethers- I hope the balcony doors were open to make the most of the beautiful weather we had!

I hope to see you back at the Hotel soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Took my mother for a overnight stay @ Crathorne, what a lovely hotel and the staff there were so accmodating they went over and beyond in making our stay so perfect even ordering a taxi to collect us from Yarm station, thanks to Lucy.
The food and the way it is presented was beautiful not only how it looked but also tasted, the ambiance of this gorgeous hotel and natually happy , welcoming staff is not to be missed if you are travelling to North Yorks. Thanks goes out to all the staff especially, Natalia,Libby, Michael et al. You have done it again Handpicked Group. B.E

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with your Mum, I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team.

I hope to see you again at the Hall in the not to distant future.