“50th Birthday”

Crathorne Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crathorne
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Well, where to start? You and your team have just provided a most memorable and enjoyable celebration weekend for my 50th birthday for both myself and my guests. I already knew about the high standards of attentive friendly service from previous visits, but somehow you managed to surpass and raise the bar once more!

It is one thing for a hotel to have an impressive buildings, lovely rooms, fine wines and good food, many do. But it is a special, stand apart quality to have all your staff treat all the guests week in and week out with such openness and warmth

Please could you pass on my thanks once again to all the team (particullarly Matthew who looked after us all afternoon) – I’m sure we will see you all soon

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank NeilM78
MarkClayton, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Firstly belated wishes on your 50th Birthday! Thank you for your lovely review of your stay- I am delighted you and your friends enjoyed your Birthday celebrations!

I have shared your review with the team and in particular Matthew who was delighted to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed overnight mid-week arriving late after a busy day and long journey. The welcome at reception was fantastic. We grabbed a sandwich in the bar as it was late and we were well-looked after by Ian, for whom nothing was too much trouble. Great nights sleep in large, well designed room followed by a good breakfast and again great personal service. Overall I was really impresed that the staff genuinely wanted to look after us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review following your stay at the Hotel, I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay and Ian ensured you were well looked after- the team do work hard to provide a discreet yet attentive service I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team who were delighted to hear them.

I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is our second visit and we were not disappointed. All the staff were marvellous natural and clearly love being there. We were pleasantly surprised to be rembered from our previous visit. Dinner the first night was excellent.Breakfast very good and we treated ourselves to a champagne afternoon tea- absolutely gorgeous.
Room well appointed with comfortable beds and pillows.
If you want relaxion in a stunning country house then Crathorne is a must.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

It is lovely to receive such positive reviews from returning guests, I really appreciate you taking the time to write your lovely review to recommend us to future guests prospectively looking to stay at the Hotel.

I hope to welcome you back for many future stays to come.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed for the night on a dinner bed and breakfast package - was a little worried after reading reviews on here that it was "stuffy" but this couldn't be further from the truth - our welcome was superb, pleasant check in and then the wonderful porter took our bags and showed us the hotel and our room. Room was lovely and comfortable. The dinner experience was outstanding we were shown to the bar and Matthew the bar man sorted us out with some champagne, he was very friendly and knowledgeable on his drinks! The restaurant staff were equally as friendly and helpful and the quality of the food was excellent - being on a dinner package the menu choice was not restrictive as I have found it to be elsewhere. Only disappointment was breakfast where the service was a let down - greeted eventually and ordered to a table, there was a wedding party in and they seemed to be centre of attention for the girl serving, took a full 10 minutes to be offered coffee, members of the wedding party who came down after us were served before us and when my wife complained about this to the girl she was less than apologetic and tried to laugh it off - however despite this it could not spoil what was a lovely stay, but did lose them a star in my rating!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank idr1892

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the Hotel- I pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and have noted your comments regarding breakfast and will discuss this with the team- again thank you for taking the time to mention this.

I have passed on your kind comments to Matthew and all of the team who looked after you throughout your stay- I hope to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at the hotel as part of a wedding party and generally enjoyed our stay. The staff were helpful and professional but there was an air of tiredness about the hotel.

Public areas were very nice and the wedding meal and party all went very well.

Our room was on the 3rd floor and there is no lift beyond the 1st so there was a long climb, not too easy with luggage although the doorman did offer to take ours.

The ladies WC is on the 1st floor so once again a bit of a climb and walk from the far end of the hotel.

The room was very hot indeed even though the radiator was turned off and only one window would open. The view, however, was lovely.

The bathroom was large but there was no walk in shower and the climb into the bath to use the overhead shower was quite high and the vanity unit was too small to store anything around the sink leaving wash bags full and left on the floor.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the rear offer lovely views but unless you are fit and able to climb stairs do no...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonathan S

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your visit to the Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay and really do appreciate the feedback you have given as I can then share this with the team and look to improve upon areas needed.

If you are planning a future visit to the Hotel please do let me know so I can oversee your booking and so allocate a room closer to the lift for you with a walk in shower. If you had brought to the attention of our Reception team your issues with the stairs/ shower I am sure they would have endeavoured to move you to a more appropriate room.

Again many thanks for your review and I do hope to see you at the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Highly recommend this hotel. It has star quality first class service and an excellent restaurant. Visited this hotel recently to celebrate my birthday. Room was beautifull with our own personal balcony. Dinner bed and breakfast rate is an excellent deal as the food is original, first class and of extreme quality.
All staff work hard too make this a beautifull hotel to relax and enjoy. It is set in beautifull grounds and is close to yarm for a lovely town visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MarkClayton, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at the Hall, I am so glad you had a lovely stay and hope you had an enjoyable Birthday too. I have passed on your compliments to all of the team and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We visited Crathorne Hall for a Surprise Birthday meal for my Mum, we went for Sunday Lunch in April 2012. The staff were extremely helpful and the service was excellent. They joined in with the surprise and made the day perfect for Mum. With four generations there -the youngest one being 2 weeks old- we had quite diverse requirements all of which were met perfectly. The room was beautifully set out and the food was excellent.
The setting is very picturesque with plenty of outside space to enjoy the early spring sunshine. We were able to take full advantage of this by sitting on the patio and the children were able to stretch their legs on the lawn. All in all everything was superb, I'm sure we will be going to Crathorne Hall again soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for writing your review following your private Lunch at the Hotel a short while ago, I am so pleased your Mum had an lovely Birthday and each of your family an enjoyable Lunch. The lawns are a great area for children (and adults alike) to stretch their legs-and what lovely weather you had too!

I hope to see you all back at the Hotel for future celebrations in years to come.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crathorne
19.5 km away
9.2 km away
The Cleveland Tontine
The Cleveland Tontine
#1 of 1 in Staddlebridge

Been to Crathorne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!