“A good stay - do go if you can!”

Crathorne Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crathorne
London, UK
“A good stay - do go if you can!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The rooms(s) see below! - very clean, tidy, some are recently decorated and if you get a view overlooking the valley you're in for a nice treat! Large modern LCD TV with freeview and free DVD rental from the in house selection adds to the luxury feel. Toiletries from Gilbert and Soames really do add to the quality and plenty of water pressure means you get a very nice torrent of a bath or shower.

The restaurant - Dinner - I had the 3 course meal, which was nicely expanded to 4.5 courses with some canapes and soup compliments of the house. Excellent wine rounded it off. Quality, taste and presentation was first class and I was incredibly full by the end of the meal - something I didn't expect but was pleasantly surprised by as the portion sizes, though not overgenerous are above average for the "arty food".

Breakfast - this is very nice, one piece of everything....but half a mushroom seems a bit on the tight side and two sausages, two bacon is the norm in a roadside cafe for a fraction of the price! Not that it didn't taste really good and I'd have it again! On the second morning I tried the eggs benedict - could have done with more hollandaise - it's fine if the yolk is runny, but mine was slightly overdone. Still very tasty and again - I shall be returning to it!

Rooms cont'd - I've put this at the bottom as it's more of a "could do better" and shouldn't decide whether you stay here! My first room was on the top floor and the toilet cistern was partially draining such that a high pitch whine was heard from the toilet unless recently flushed. Having pointed this out early evening, someone went to look at it while I was out for dinner. Upon my return I was assured that it was fixed....but it wasn't as it took a while to develop! So I had a rather poor nights sleep as it was too late and I was too tired to move rooms. The next morning, I requested a room change and was given one on the first floor. Much better, and I slept very soundly the second night. To be fair to the Crathorne, that was exactly what I would have done, however instead of "it's been fixed", just add a "if there are any other problems please call us" and maybe I could have had a good sleep in another room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank spitfiremkh
MarkClayton, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your thorough review of your stay at the Hotel, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback regarding Breakfast and how your room change was handled by the team.

I have passed on your compliments to Chef and his Brigade regarding Dinner who was delighted to hear them.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hall very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

I would suggest anyone should stay eat and enjoy this hotel

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to recommend Crathorne Hall to future guests.

I hope to see you back at the Hall in the not to distant future.
Middlesbrough
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Crathorne for a friends wedding, the room was lovely, staff were very friendly and helpful and the service throughout the day was exceptional. We have been for several meals before and have always loved the fantastic food. Hoping to come again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at the Hotel, I am so pleased you enjoyed both your stay and the wedding celebrations.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay celebrating our son,s wedding, where do I start ,staff were friendly and attentive nothing was too much trouble from the minute we arrived we felt like royalty.The wedding ceremony and reception was perfect ,food and service was exceptional thanks to the organisation led by Libby she was a star .In summarising ,it is all very good having a magnificent building ,with amazing views from wonderful rooms , perfect food but none of these are worth anything without quality staff which is what this hotel has.Comments from our friends who joined us for the wedding have all been complementary too.
A big thankyou from us all .

Room Tip: Go for a room on 3rd floor looking out over the valley well worth the climb.Glaisdale is perfect.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Firstly thank you so much for writing your review, I am so pleased that everyone enjoyed the wedding celebrations and please pass on my congratulations to your son and new daughter in law!

I have passed on your compliments to all of the team- in particular to Libby who was delighted to hear them.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel for lots of future celebrations to come!
warrington
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Just returned from an overnight stay with our closest friends celebrating a 50th birthday. This was the first time for my husband and I . Our friends had stayed before and love Crathorne and now i realise why. It was the most comfortable and pleasant stay in luxurious surroundings. The staff from arrival to our departure were all very helpful and obviously enjoy what they do as all had a smile for everyone. We loved the little extra touches like a welcome card personally hand written, canopes with our drinks before dinner and the chocolates with our coffees. The chef must be amazing as the food was stunning and sooo tasty. After a peaceful nights sleep we enjoyed the choice for breakfast and could not fault the food and service again. The grounds are very pretty and the views of the countryside lovely. Thankyou to all your staff and thanks to our friends for taking us and introducing us to Crathorne.

Room Tip: We stayed in the ormesby and it was lovely and spacious
1 Thank kathybWarrington
I am so pleased you and your husband enjoyed your first visit to Crathorne Hall- especially that we lived up to the reputation explained by your friends, thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so delighted to read that you enjoyed the personal touches that we offered throughout your stay.
I hope your first visit will not be your last! and will look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Well, where to start? You and your team have just provided a most memorable and enjoyable celebration weekend for my 50th birthday for both myself and my guests. I already knew about the high standards of attentive friendly service from previous visits, but somehow you managed to surpass and raise the bar once more!

It is one thing for a hotel to have an impressive buildings, lovely rooms, fine wines and good food, many do. But it is a special, stand apart quality to have all your staff treat all the guests week in and week out with such openness and warmth

Please could you pass on my thanks once again to all the team (particullarly Matthew who looked after us all afternoon) – I’m sure we will see you all soon

2 Thank NeilM78
Firstly belated wishes on your 50th Birthday! Thank you for your lovely review of your stay- I am delighted you and your friends enjoyed your Birthday celebrations!

I have shared your review with the team and in particular Matthew who was delighted to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed overnight mid-week arriving late after a busy day and long journey. The welcome at reception was fantastic. We grabbed a sandwich in the bar as it was late and we were well-looked after by Ian, for whom nothing was too much trouble. Great nights sleep in large, well designed room followed by a good breakfast and again great personal service. Overall I was really impresed that the staff genuinely wanted to look after us.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review following your stay at the Hotel, I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay and Ian ensured you were well looked after- the team do work hard to provide a discreet yet attentive service I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team who were delighted to hear them.

I hope to see you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crathorne
19.5 km away
9.2 km away
The Cleveland Tontine
The Cleveland Tontine
#1 of 1 in Staddlebridge

Been to Crathorne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!