Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Filey
See available hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
Rivelyn Hotel(Scarborough)
  • Restaurant
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
  • Pool
2,409 results
All reviewsprimrose valleywest pierlive loungelakeside pooladventure poolmash and barrelon sitethe main complexburger restaurantfun fairhigh ropespapa johnslakeside restaurantentertainment complexboating lakeplatinum caravanfun pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Used to have our own caravan on here and it used to be fantastic!!
But like most things in life cost got pricey

We decided to visit with friends for easter and see what it had to offer with new changes!!!
Very disappointed

Cost over £70 for tickets just to get access into the entertainment complex!!

That’s it just paid for tickets and you got nothing, all sports and activities cost extra every little thing you have to pay for?

The complex entertainment was shocking very dated and did not draw you in at all
The price of food is ridiculous cost over £6 for some wedges n five nuggets

The place was full of young families fighting and letting kids run wiled
People complaining to security but they just kept saying sorry and we can’t really do anything as it makes things worse!!!

Swimming pool filthy dint fill me with joy when someone poo in the pool!!
All kids had to get out.....

One night we wanted papa johns pizza as they have one on sight only when we got there it was closed??? A sign just said sorry

We tried to book kids activities but told it’s not open or no staff!!
So tried to have a meal in the lake side restaurant this was the icing on the cake for us lol!!
The waiter kept coming to the table and asking for our order we had already ordered !! But he kept coming back saying sorry but are you sure I have your order right!! It took over 40mins for him to finally go and put our order in
Must admit the food was nice

Won’t visit again
And if you visit take extra cash and think wisely about what you want to do as everything cost you even if you have a pass!!!!

1  Thank Leahpopsmum
Primrose V, Guest Relations Manager at Primrose Valley Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with your holiday experience, but we do thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. We will, of course, ensure that all your comments are passed onto the relevant department manager, for their action or attention.

I am sorry to hear that you would not choose to holiday with us again, but please be assured that should you change your mind you can be certain of a warm welcome.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fab welcome from staff .
Shop was surprisingly not too expensive and a fab variety of items .
When rang for gas changing on one occasion and then on another for boiler fault, maintenance team were polite and friendly, there quickly, and solved problem fast but did say this was a boiler often needed seeing.
Caravan clean inside but outside surrounding and underneath was lots of piles of old dog muck. Like they had been picked up from the grass and thrown towards (but not quite reaching) the hedge and thrown underneath caravan. Picked and disposed of some but still I couldn't let my toddler granddaughter run around near caravan.
On arrival grate covering manhole where park car at side of van was broken and a big hole there, albeit a cone was provided , still not suitable for where a toddler is in caravan. Maintenance did attempt to fix with another grate but it still didnt fit properly so cone was left there all week with no more attempts of fitting a proper manhole cover.
Cash machines were empty and left empty ALL WEEK and had to argue that 20.00 cash back was no use to a family of 5. When asked why no cash machines working , staff said "cos no ones been to fill up yet" Thankfully Towns not majorly far away .
Indoor pool was freezing cold, poor nephews lips were going blue, stayed in pool literally ten mins.
Launderette was horrendous, roof leaking badly, machines clogged with soap powder (baring in mind this was 1st week of opening apparently)
When husband took son and friend to amusements he came across a machine that was unlocked and door open all contents for anyone to take, initially no staff about, he reported to one of staff who was quite arrogant in his manner and not a thank you to be heard.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Susan F

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that your holiday experience was not everything you hoped it would be, and I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you in person. I can be contacted directly at the park.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have just come back after a mid week break and the kids loved it here. After having stayed in a deluxe caravan at another haven site a couple of years ago which was lovely, I'm so glad I booked the Prestige this time as it had central heating! It was definitely worth the extra money. The only downside to the caravan was the time it took for both the water and the shower to get hot. The boiler was also really loud. We had early check in as well but the queue for Prestige wasn't made clear and there was no one there to help or guide anyone so we queued longer than we needed to.

The swimming pools are great but the changing rooms are awful. Quite claustrophobic and there doesn't seem to be enough of them so people were scrambling for them. The showers weren't working one afternoon either which I would of thought is a health and safety issue.

The security at the entrance in Funworks was a bit hit and miss. We left our passes at the caravan one night and weren't allowed in which is fair enough so my husband had to walk back for them but in the meantime as I was waiting with our three kids, the same security man went and got a coffee and then was having a conversation with someone and people were just walking in without showing their passes.

I don't feel this site was as well organised as the Caistor site especially at check in. I went into reception a couple of times and the young girl didn't seem very interested. However when I rung out of hours about a problem with our fridge they came within half an hour and came back the next morning to check it. Also the men on the entrance gate were fantastic and so helpful!

We would go back but I think I'll try the other nearby sites first.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank giraffe9861

Thank you very much for leaving a review about your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we do appreciate the feedback you have given about the facilities and service. I will, of course, make sure that the points you have raised are passed onto the Managers' of the relevant departments in order that we can look to further improve the services we offer.

It is always a pleasure to welcome back some familiar faces, and we do hope you won't leave it too long before your next visit. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the meantime.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Primrose valley is a huge, well kept site with a lot going on for children. So much so that we didn't even manage to do everything in the 7 days we were there. The downside to a big site for us is that you either spend a lot of money there, or end up saying no to a lot of things and then have grumpy children!
We were based on beech rise which was ideal as it was a 10 minute walk one way to the entertainment, arcades etc, and five mins the other way to the brand new lake house and funfair etc. The lake house is lovely inside and the food looked great in there.
We stayed in a deluxe caravan. It was clean inside and it did the job, but it didn't have central heating and there definitely wasn't anything deluxe about it and it actually seemed quite old.
The pools were fab, if a little cold. Can't comment on the restaurants. We did get a pizza from papa johns though delivered to our caravan which was ok.
The entertainment was good and got very busy.
The shop was big and very reasonably priced.
The beach wasn't the easiest to get to.
All in all we had a good time and would probably return if we got another good deal.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that, overall, you and your family did have a good stay with us and really made the most of everything we have on offer. We would, of course, love to see you all again, but please feel free to get in touch with the team should there be anything we can help with in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly can I just we normally love primrose valley and this time wasn't really an exception but thought you needed to know the swimming baths are absolutely freezing the one at the top especially and while I understand that security need to be there is there really any need in checking kids passes in and out of the complex on a night a kid 11 year old is hardly going to sneak into there on.their own she had just gone to the shop but what really annoyed me we booked for the kids to go on.the aqua jets the Sunday night at thirty pounds a pop didn't really want to do the 8 pm but that is all that was left, hung about all day missed the only entertainment the kids like on a night to walk to the lakeside pool in the pouring rain (our caravan was near the reception bit) to be told it had been double booked on my booking you had my mobile number so can't understand why you didn't ring me. All of that was bad enough but then.to be greeted by a snotty woman who wouldn't refund me my money without me kicking up a fuss and probably showing myself up on holiday eventually getting it back what made it worse it got double booked for an.owners pool party which by the way nobody turned up for not in the half hour we waited after that in the hope the rain.would calm down a bit. I had the receipts for the activitys just not the original receipt by the way so can't understand why she was been like that it was your mistake not ours

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am very concerned to hear of your experience, and would very much like the opportunity to speak to you in person about the matter. Please feel free to call me directly at the park.