“Superb family meal”

Ranked #35 of 92 Restaurants in Filey
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our Business Is Family Run And Our Chef Originates From Southern Italy Offering A Selection Of Traditional Local Tastes From His Region. Not Forgetting Our Pizzas, Which Are Italian Stone Baked And Delicious. There Is Always A Special Board Menu To Choose From Depending On Availability Of Fresh Produce, Parties Most Welcome
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We were a party of seven (5 adults, toddler & infant) booked in for a Wednesday Evening. We all thoroughly enjoyed are meals (starters & mains) and found the service very friendly and efficient and wouldn't hesitate to return if in the area again.

There are newer reviews for Valentino's Ristorante

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Well, we were staying at primrose valley and fancied itallian food, came on here and saw that San marco's was highly rated, so drove in to filey and I went into San Marcos to see if they had a table, when the maitre d saw we had our one year old he told us there were no tables despite the restaurant being very quiet, fair enough we thought, and drove back and decided to try valentino's and boy am I glad.

We had the most warmest of welcomes, our little boy was fussed over, brought bread whilst we waited, the owner and staff, made us feel welcome to the point that it was like we were family. They even offered to feed our toddler so we could eat our meals, we declined as he likes to have a go himself. The first time I had seafood risotto, and it was the best I've ever tasted, my other half had chicken in White wine with the most lovely roasties, he said it was lovely. Our son had some of our meals, including a huge portion of roast veg which was 'mmmmmmm' according to him and his limited vocabulary. The house wine is good and fairly priced.

The second time was a saturday and we booked, again welcomed like old friends, we had starters, soup and the deep fried mozerella which were both great. Then I had the pasta with calamari, again fab, my other half had meatballs which he loved and the toddler had the kids portion of pizza which to be honest would have filled me, the kind waitress wrapped it up so he could finish for lunch the following day.

The food in this place is great, yes you wait for it, it's freshly cooked, id rather wait! The service was brilliant, our son loved the cuddles and enjoyed meeting the chefs. Brilliantly family friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

We will be back in september next year!

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Went in on our last day in Filey, menu wasn`t overpowering with a good variety. the garlic bread starter is to die for and plenty for the four of us, main courses were served hot and very enjoyable, didn`t look much but they filled you up and were not expensive. expect to pay around £15 to £20 per head including drinks. When we go back to Filey, Valentino`s will be the first place on our eating out list.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We booked and arrived for 7pm on Saturday (Myself, my wife and 10yr old child) Starters were ordered by 7:10 but took 35 mins to arrive, after this it took a further 45 mins for the main course to arrive after an aborted attempt when somebody else's meal was laid on our table. We were on the verge of walking out at 8:40 when it finally arrived. Staff then started clearing plates away before we'd all finished eating.

The food itself was quite good, decently priced and was freshly made but my 10 yr old was still hungry afterwards and he had an adult's portion of Spaghetti Bolognaise, says it all really.

Unless you're not really that hungry and don't mind waiting the best part of 2 hrs (2 courses only, we didn't fancy waiting any longer) then I'd seriously advise you to give Valentino's a miss.

2  Thank AndyB111
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Just been for a week to Filey. Decided to call here as it was recommended. Had to wait 15 mins to be seated as restaurant was dealing with a large table. Unorganised service throughout. Ordered stuffed peppers, my partners had a large piece of grissle in it. Ordered seafood linguine for main, messy on plate and luke warm. Both dishes not seasoned at all. Manager quite abrupt. Not a pleasant meal really. Would not go back.

1  Thank truthhen