All reviews courtyard suite wedding venue afternoon tea master of ceremonies bridal suite fabulous wedding wedding breakfast complimentary sherry daughters wedding special thanks mr mrs jacuzzi bath special occasion night porter the main hotel four poster bed little touches
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got married here in 2016 but realised we hadn’t taken time to enjoy the hotel itself, so returned as a treat for our second anniversary.

We were treated like royalty throughout our stay. The staff vary from formal to maternal to friendly but they were all accommodating, professional and pleasant. Dinner was incredible (leave lots of time - it’s a gently paced experience), the room peaceful (we struggled to sleep but it was incredibly hot at the time so no fault of the hotel), and we were so relaxed the next day that we ended up staying for afternoon tea and enjoying the grounds. We booked to come back again next year while checking out.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

On behalf of all the team thank you very much for your kind words; the team are all now busy working out who the adjectives apply to! Please do tell your friends about us and we look forward to welcoming you both back to Judges next year; if not before! Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 19/9/18

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was my second visit to this lovely ex Victorian mansion which is now a great country house hotel set in it's own very well kept grounds. Lovely welcome at reception and I was shown to my room and my bag carried there. The bedroom was spotless and large as was the bathroom which even has a television screen. The bar is a lovely wood panelled room with superb drapes as is the dining room. Excellent food and excellent service.It is not cheap but well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Reading your review as well first thing this morning continued to keep the smile on my face, so thank you to you too! Also, and on behalf of all the team, thank you very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Judges in the near future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 14/9/18

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband asked me where I'd like to stay to celebrate my birthday, and I chose Judges because I remembered our stay there 4 years ago. We were given the same room (15) as this is evidently the most appropriate for a disabled person. Everything I loved about this hotel remains the same: friendly staff, comfy bedroom and public rooms, wonderful food and service in the dining room, and excellent breakfast. I think this will always be my favourite hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Reading your review first thing this morning really made me smile, thank you. On behalf of all the team thank you also very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us and we look forward to welcoming you both back to Judges in the near future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 14/9/18

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We visited with my Dad who is 91 and our 3 boys 7, 11 and 13.

We all felt very welcome. Chris. who looked after us, was wonderful with my Dad and the boys.

The scones were fresh, warmed and delicious with lots of cream!

The coffee was endless.
A great place for a drink and treat.

Most of all the atmosphere was so relaxed, friendly and the grounds were elegant, extensive and well cared for.

Thanks to Chris and all the team who create a soecial experience..

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

On behalf of all the team thank you very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us! We look forward to welcoming you all back to Judges in the near future. Kind regards, Tim Howard GM 31/8/18

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic establishment, whether you are looking for somewhere to stay, eat or have an event. My sister recently held her wedding here and the staff of Judges and the setting all contributed to a brilliant day.

I would highly reccomend a visit. The service and facilities were among the best I have experienced.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TimHowardJudges, General Manager at Judges Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

On behalf of all the team thank you very much for your kind words. Please do tell your friends about us! We look forward to welcoming you all back to Judges in the near future. Kindest regards, Tim Howard GM 30/8/18