“Best Beer and Diane is a star”
Review of The Union

The Union
Ranked #36 of 77 Restaurants in Knaresborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional English pub
Reviewed 5 November 2016

The Union is real - a proper pub pub - don't expect to get designer decor or cocktails but do expect to be amazed by the wonderful service and banter. The food is good and the prices too but it is Diane who is the star. Go in and ask for Diane

2  Thank tinacatling
There are newer reviews for The Union

Reviewed 31 October 2016

My partner and I are keen car booters, we have been going to one in Minskip, Boroughbridge, on our way home we go through Knaresborough and we have stopped at The Union a couple of times for a drink, This Sunday we had some lunch neither of us are big eaters so we had starters instead of a meal, it was lovely, staff are friendly and helpful, it is next to a Cricket club which in summer you can watch the matches from the pub beer garden, and lots of people do, it is on a main road but when you are sat in the back it is as if you are out in the country side, couldn't ask for better, Well done all at the Union :-)

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Another lovely Sunday lunch today. Beautifully cooked roast beef and veg, huge Yorkshire pudding and loads of homemade gravy ☺️

We managed a pudding today too (maybe a step too far)! They were only £2 each!

Lovely relaxed atmosphere, family friendly - with smaller portions available.

1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

I visited today had heard good reports so my friend and I decided to go for lunch. Got to say from the moment we walked in we were greeted by Diane she was so polite, happy and nothing was too much trouble. Everything we asked she did for us. Although I don't eat alot on a lunchtime I ordered the burger from the special offer I thought it would be small but it was quite large, very tasty and came with lovely chips and only cost £4.50. If it's a nice day the outside area is beautiful. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We stopped at this pub for some lunch on our way home, it was a lovely sunny if bit windy day, we sat in the beer garden out back overlooking the cricket ground. It was not too busy. The food was good and good price. I had Hunters Chicken with chips and my husband had their curry with poppadum's and chutney, which we enjoyed. The service was a bit slower than expected, but as the day was pleasantly warm we had no qualms about that. Would go back again if in this area.

2  Thank Nivloce