All reviews high street saturday morning old coaching inn visit northallerton traditional hotel market town a large car park no lift comfortable hotel cocktail bar fish and chips crisps sandwich very pleasant stay self service old building tea and coffee
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Tried out Northallerton for a 2 night stay and a pleasant stay was had at the Golden Lion .
Room was nice , bright bathroom but no handrail on the bath and faulty tap that was fixed eventually.
Annoying green light above the door probably a recommendation by Fire authorities but visible when
you are trying to sleep .
Food was good breakfast and evening meal .
Not much competition from the high street with awful pubs and Sky TV screens in many of them .As for beer fans steer clear as the “Ale trail “leaflets available are misleading most pubs adopt the Carling/John Smith combo -p.poor !.
Great Joe Cornish gallery well worth a visit.
Barsu

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Stayed here on an Inside Track holiday and consequently they were very busy at dinner times. Nevertheless they coped extremely well and provided excellent food in copious portions. Great staff and spacious rooms make this a tremendous place to stay. Also very conveniently situated on the high street. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

The food was great but the service was a revelation. Friendly, professional, and all you could ask for. My tempura prawns were deliciously cooked and my piri chicken was very tasty. We'll come back here as soon as we can.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank captainofrice
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I was a little concerned to be booked into this hotel by my booking agent when I saw it wa 2*, however it beats some 4* hotels I’ve stayed at! Lovely welcome and easy check-in, spacious room and comfy bed. Dinner was very good and very reasonably priced, and breakfast was huge, and all freshly cooked to order. The only minor improvements I’d like to see are a book in the room giving hotel info (wi-fi passwords etc) and bigger towels- I do love a huge fluffy bath sheet, but the ones provided were adequate. Would definitely return and recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We visit this hotel quite regularly for coffee and we have stayed here on 1 occasion .. very nice hotel and well run. A very traditional hotel and amazing food. As I say it is a grand hotel in the Market Town of Northallerton .. it’s a must visit

Stayed: September 2018