“Absolutely FIRST class”

Ranked #8 of 51 Richmond B&B and Inns
Alsager
“Absolutely FIRST class”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Gary and Lindsay were wonderfully welcoming and friendly on our damp arrival in early October. The charmingly artistic and creative decor made an excellent first impression and our room could not have been better with its comfortable armchairs in which to enjoy the complimentary sherry and chocolates. The breakfast was delicious, as was the food at the local pub which Lindsay recommended in the evening. We wished we had booked for more than one night but will certainly do so next time.

Graham & Pat Thompson

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrahamAlsager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed at this B&B for two nights in September. The owners are fantastic people - really warm and friendly. On arrival, they gave us warm scones, and there was sherry and chocolates in the room. We really needed to dry out our tent, so they agreed we could hang it in the back garden - we then went out into Richmond, and it started raining, so we tried to get back to the B&B quickly to pull the tent in - only to find that the owners had already brought it in for us and laid it out in the lounge area, where it was completely dry!! absolutely brilliant!. They also suggested two lovely restaurants and booked them on our behalf. The breakfast was delicious, and the beds really comfy. Would definitely stay there again if in the area in future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
darlington,england
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I can not express exactly how wonderful this beautiful guest house is and our stay was made perfect once again by Lindsay and Gary who can not do enough for you. Thank you, we will be back!!! ps Gary's breakfasts can not be beaten!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ericb
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights with Lyndsay and Gary in August 2011. We have never stayed anywhere that has given such wonderful service, the room was beautiful as was the breakfast, nothing was too much trouble for Lyndsay and Gary, after 2 days we felt more like friends than guests. Rosedale is very well situated in a beautiful area. Many thanks for a lovely visit and congratulations on a fantastic guest house we will certainly recommend Rosedale to all our friends.

Joan & Ges from Oz

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Crawley
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed here as a solo traveller to attend a friend's wedding in the nearby area of Middleton Tyas and the Rosedale was on their recommended list of guesthouses. I was not disappointed!! From start to finish Gary and Lindsay were perfect hosts and nothing was too much trouble even keeping a parking space for me at the front of the guest house after having an arduous 7 hour trip from the South!! Little touches were lovely such as a welcome scone and fresh milk when Gary showed me to my room and the tea tray was plentiful. As I didn't know the area at all Gary also gave me a recommendation for a light evening meal and Lindsay arranged my taxi (Peter - quite a character!!) to take me to the church the next day. My room was Lola (a twin in the courtyard ) which I found both homely and cosy, the bathroom was very clean and plenty of toiletries were available. Although the shower could be seen as a little small for some (not a problem for me!) it was well designed for the space. The bed was extremely comfortable too! Breakfast each day was fantastic and the cooked breakfast was piping hot, I can definitely recommend the scrambled egg and smoked salmon! All in all I had a lovely stay in Richmond, it was a shame I couldn't stay longer as Gary and Lindsay made my stay feel like a proper home from home. I will definitely be back to stay if I am in the area again and cannot recommend it highly enough! Thanks Gary & Lindsay !

Room Tip: check out the amazing sculptures on the walls and in the courtyard
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in September 2011, Gary & Lyndsay were the perfect hosts and run a beautiful guest house which is just minutes walk from the historic centre. I honestly cannot fault my stay, except I wished I'd stayed for longer! I will certainly be booking again and recommending Rosedale to all my friends. Thanks again to you both for your warm welcome & hospitalility.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Rosedale Guest house .We were given a warm welcome on arrival from Gary & Lindsay ,nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated.
Breakfast was excellent.I would definately recommend this guest house to my friends.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends