All reviews executive room complimentary water separate building overnight stop free wifi leisure club bar meals mini bar leisure centre car park reception staff steam room an upgrade quiet room buffet style good nights sleep following morning
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I started planning my association annual dinner 10 months ago, from the start I was meet with very helpful people who were able to ensure my requirements and ambitions came together on the day to make an excellent evening.
It is the first time in 10 years of organising this event that everything went perfectly I woul recommend this hotel to anyone and will use it again
Graham

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Stuart L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Graham,
Thanks for choosing to host your association dinner at Holiday Inn Darlington Scotch Corner. I am pleased that the evening was enjoyable. The team and I look forward to hosting another succesful dinner next year.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

£25 for a mixed grill and they served this up? Dry wasn’t the word for it and the steak got spat out, cold and chewy. If you are going to charge this sort of price for your food, at least make it edible.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Redcap246,
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your mixed grill, a popular option from our menu. I'm confident the team on the night would have remedied this given the opportunity and I do hope we have an opportunity to change your opinion in the future.
Your feedback will be shared with the head chef and no doubt he will be keen to ensure your concerns are addressed.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

My wife and I selected Holiday Inn at Scotch Corner as an overnight stop en route between the South Coast and Scotland. It was located adjacent to the A1 and had a restaurant and pool. All proved perfectly satisfactory. The 90-bedroomed hotel was built in 1939 but had a major refurbishment in 2007. All the fabric was in reasonably good repair but the hotel is clearly well-used: the double bed mattress was definitely past its sell-by-date with little support in the middle. Our room was of adequate size and there was no evidence from traffic noise etc of being on a major trunk road. Neither were we disturbed by noise from adjacent rooms. The pool was a very welcome feature after a long drive.

Staff were most helpful and efficient. When we realised that there were only sufficient tea making supplies for one cup each, the receptionist without hesitation provided more than enough to cover our stay.

We had a choice of eating either in the Italian Restaurant or in the bar area. The bar area menu was more than adequate for our needs and our steaks were both well presented. Overall, as an en-route stop at a reasonable price I can recommend the Holiday Inn, Scotch Corner.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 14malabar16,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us as part of your journey across the UK, I'm pleased you were comfortable and enjoyed your steak in the bar. We appreciate your feedback and hope to be of service again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I last stayed here some 15 years ago but have frequently stopped off for morning coffee or a snack when on the road north or south. It is well situated for stopping off. Every time I enter the place the ground floor has changed physically yet again and the latest reincarnation leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway, to overnight accommodation. There were three things I didn't like. Firstly, the bathroom was the dreaded shower-over-bath arrangement, secondly, the WC pan was far too low and, thirdly, the breakfast accommodation was far too small and cramped for breakfasting in comfort - a consequence, I assume, of the ground floor layout being altered yet again.

Stayed: August 2018
Stuart L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Itinerant2014,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following a recent stay. I am surprised that unlike many reviews that compare the hotel historically, the interior design was not to your liking with the hotel having benefited from an extensive refurbishment upon rebranding some years ago. In busier periods we do offer the adjacent lounge for taking breakfast if desired and this is frequently in use at weekends. I hope you find time to stop off for coffee in the future again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Overnight stay...not pre booked...
Twin room and double room.....both great...comfortable beds,tea/coffee in rooms also mini fridge...room service available.
Staff friendly.
Breakfast self service with plenty of choice and the two men who waited to serve hot drinks at tables and also clear tables were great with a good sense of humour ...
Would definitely recommend and hope to stay there again on our next road trip.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Paula,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay and for your kind comments. The team will be pleased to see how positively they impacted your stay and I too hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,